The University of Graz is pleased to announce the call for applications for the Master Programme “South East European Law and European Integration (LL.M.)”. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Uni of Graz | Austria
Level : Master
Field(s):South East European Law & European Integration (LL.M.)
Deadline: 30 June 2013
Funded By: University of Graz
Beneficiaries( Target Group): scholarships are Open to: applicants who hold a degree in law or in equivalent studies
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Covers: grants are available in a limited number and cover (parts of the) tuition fees
‣ The University of Graz is pleased to announce the call for applications for the Master Programme “South East European Law and European Integration (LL.M.)”.
‣ The course provides a profound postgraduate education with a focus on South East Europe and the upcoming enlargement. This unique additional qualification will enable graduates to outstand their international competitors.
Why an LL.M. in South East European Law and European Integration in Graz?
‣ “Europe‘s unification will not be complete until the Balkan countries are members of the Union.”
‣ This statement by former President of the European Commission Romano Prodi at the Thessaloniki summit in 2003 still holds true today: The advancing European integration has made South Eastern Europe the centre of the European Union’s enlargement and integration efforts.
‣ The LL.M. programme focuses on the special situation of the region of South Eastern Europe and its approximation to the European Union, studying its legal past, present and future.
‣ Austria was amongst the first countries to recognize this region’s potential, calling it the “region of the future.” Being held at the University of Graz, the programme takes place in the very heart of Europe.
‣ The special geographical position of Graz has long enabled this city to act as a gateway between South Eastern Europe and (Western) Europe, and to establish unique academic and economic relations with this region. Our LL.M.
‣ programme follows this tradition that has proudly been maintained by the City and the University of Graz over centuries.
Content and Structure of the Programme
‣ Courses of the programme cover Community law and the various legal processes of European integration and approximation.
‣ In addition, participants gain a unique insight into the legal traditions and the legal culture of South Eastern Europe.
‣ In its five modules, the current curriculum of the LL.M. programme offers a broad spectrum of courses on commercial law, therefore catering to the needs of the practicing professions.
‣ The duration of the programme is of three semesters, including the time needed to write the master thesis and to pass all exams. In justified cases, the duration of the programme can be extended to a maximum of three years.
‣ In the first two semesters, five modules must be attended. The duration of each module is of two weeks since the courses are held as intensive courses. In the third semester, participants are expected to write a master thesis.
‣ Participants must attend courses with 243 contact hours, and a total of 90 ECTS credits are awarded for the whole LL.M. programme (including the contact hours, self-study time and the master thesis).
‣ All courses are exclusively offered to the programme's participants. Lecturers from more than 10 different countries specifically come to Graz to teach these courses.
‣ Students completing the master programme earn the degree “Master in South East European Law and European Integration” (LL.M.).
‣ The tuition fee for the whole duration of the LL.M. programme (3 semesters) amounts to € 7,800. In addition, a membership fee for the Austrian National Union of Students must be paid when enrolling and at the beginning of every subsequent semester (approximately € 18 per semester).
‣ Grants are available only in a limited number and only cover (parts of the) tuition fees. Other costs during each semester, such as travel, accommodation and food, must be borne by the participants themselves.
‣ In order to be admitted to the LL.M. programme, applicants are required to hold a degree in law or in equivalent studies from a recognized post-secondary educational institution. Evidence of English language skills must be given, as English is the working language of the programme.
‣ By signing the application form, the applicant’s registration for the master programme becomes legally binding.
‣ After the admission procedure, the Director of the programme notifies applicants of their admission to the programme in writing.
‣ The LL.M. programme operates a rolling admissions process, i.e. admission decisions are taken in the order that applications were received, and only until the maximum number of participants has been reached.
‣ Two weeks after receiving the positive admission decision, applicants have to pay a first instalment of € 1,000 (this payment will not be refunded in case of cancellation). The remaining fee has to be paid before the start of the LL.M. programme.
Scholarship Application Method
The APPLICATION should consist of:
1. Completed application form http://www.seelaw.eu/
3. Transcript of records
4. Letter of motivation (English)
‣ Applicants should apply by email until 30 June 2013 sending the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also like