University of Glasgow College of Social Sciences Scholarship in UK , and applications are submitted till 29 January 2017. University of Glasgow is inviting applications for college of social sciences scholarship. Prospective Home/EU and International PhD students (start date between October 2017 and January 2018) are eligible to apply. Students already in the first year of a University of Glasgow PhD (start date between 1stSeptember 2017 and 1st September 2018) are also eligible to apply. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Glasgow | UK
are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the College of
Social Sciences to study for a PhD in an area of research linked to
the college’s school/subject areas: Business, Accounting &
Finance, Economics, Management, Education, Interdisciplinary Studies,
Law, Social & Political Sciences, Central & East European
Studies, Economic & Social History, Politics , sociology and
Urban Studies at University of Glasgow.
Deadline: 29 January 2017.
of Glasgow, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of Glasgow College of Social Sciences Scholarship is targeted for Home/EU and International students can apply for these scholarships.
‣ Award No: Up to 16 scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for a maximum of 3 years full-time or 5 years.
scholarship will run for a maximum of 3 years full-time or 5 years
part-time commencing between October 2017 and January 2018 and will
‣ Applications are invited for up to 16 University of Glasgow College of Social Sciences Scholarship being offered by the College of Social Sciences to study for a PhD in an area of research linked to the college’s school/subject areas.
‣ This is a highly competitive prestigious competition attracting a large number of applications and only high quality candidates will be shortlisted.
‣ Students already in the first year of a University of Glasgow PhD (start date between 1stSeptember 2017 and 1st September 2018) are also eligible to apply.
‣ Both full-time and part-time students are eligible. Only students based at a University of Glasgow campus are eligible for the scholarship. Distance learning students are not eligible.
‣ Students are not permitted to hold a College of Social Sciences Scholarship simultaneously with any other scholarship.
Selection criteria for University of Glasgow College of Social Sciences Scholarship
‣ Applications will be shortlisted by a school selection panel using the following criteria:
‣ The final selection will be made by a college selection panel and candidates will be notified by Monday 21stMarch 2017.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants not currently studying for a PhD in the College of Social Sciences must identify a potential supervisor prior to submitting an application, in order to secure a reference and develop a research proposal.
‣ Please contact the relevant School PGR Director or Subject PGR Convenor listed above, in order to identify potential supervisors based on your proposed area of research.
All applicants should complete and collate the following documentation then attach to a single email and send to William.Shirriffs@glasgow.ac.uk by DEADLINE DATE: 29 January 2017
‣ All applicants should attach the following documentation to a single email and send to alan.mcconnell-at-glasgow.ac.uk
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 29 January 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.