University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships for International Students in Switzerland, and applications are submitted till 15 March, 2015. The Faculty of science of the University of Geneva is awarding excellence master fellowships for students from any country. Fellowship is open to students from any university with very good performance in their studies and that have completed the Bachelor degree or expect to complete it within 6 months. The Excellence Fellowship consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties). Selection of the applicants will be based on excellence. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Geneva| Switzerland
Level: Master of Science program
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in any discipline available within the Faculty of science. They cover a broad range of scientific disciplines: Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Prehistoric Archaeology, Geology, Environmental Science, Pharmacy, Neuroscience and Proteomics and Bioinformatics
Deadline: 15 March, 2015.
Funded By: University of Geneva, Switzerland
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships are targeted for Students of any country.
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: It is awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s programme (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Excellence Fellowship consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties).
‣ The Faculty of science of the University of Geneva is an internationally top-ranked scientific institution covering a broad range of scientific disciplines: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Physics.
‣ It has a strong focus on research and hosts three National Centres of Competence in Research of the highly competitive Swiss National Science Foundation (Frontiers in Genetics; MaNEP; Chemical Biology) and many European collaborative research projects.
‣ The Masters of the Faculty of Science constitute an ideal entry for high-level professional and academic careers.
Selection Criteria for University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships
‣ Selection of the applicants will be based on excellence.
‣ Evaluation will be made on the basis of the documentation sent by the applicants.
‣ Applications should be sent as an unique pdf file by e-mail to the Dean of the Faculty of Science: Excellence-Master-Sciences-at-unige.ch. The application (in English or French) consists of:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 March, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.