University of Copenhagen phd scholarships is offered for International Students in the field of experimental semiconductor-based quantum information processing. Full details:
School(Institutions/Country): University of Copenhagen in | Denmark
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): field of experimental semiconductor-based quantum information processing
Deadline: September 6, 2013.
Funded by:The Center for Quantum Devices at the Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen,
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):University of Copenhagen phd scholarships are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Two scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: University of Copenhagen doctoral scholarships are offered for three or four years and expected to lead to a Ph.D. degree at the University of Copenhagen.
‣ The Center for Quantum Devices at the Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen, announces the opening of two PhD positions in coupled multi-electron spin qubits in GaAs and other heterostructured semiconductors.
‣ Research involves experimental design, fabrication of submicron devices and associated electronics, radio-frequency measurement in a dilution refrigerator, data acquisition and analysis, and scientific writing.
‣ The successful applicant will enroll as a Ph.D. student at the University of Copenhagen. The Ph.D. program, in addition to the project work, comprises participation in courses or international Ph.D. schools and some activity as teaching assistant.
To avail University of Copenhagen phd scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Applicants must have completed at least one year of a relevant M. Sc. Degree, or, for US applicants, an Undergraduate Degree in a related area, at the time of start of the appointment.
‣ The candidate must have strong background in physics at the masters level, with advanced coursework in quantum mechanics and condensed matter physics, as well as significant experimental experience.
‣ Experience and coursework in electronics is also helpful.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply Applicants can apply electronically.
‣ Applicants are requested to submit their applications electronically.
‣ Please send an application that describes your background. Enclose CV with publication list, short description of your work relevant to the research field (e.g. Masters thesis), and names and contact information of up to three scientific referees, and certified list of university courses and grades.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by September 6, 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like