University of Copenhagen PhD Fellowships in Denmark, and applications are submitted till March 19th 2014. Applications are invited for three PhD fellowships available for highly motivated candidates within the Faculty of Sciences at University of Copenhagen. Fellowships are offered in the field of biorefining of plant biomass – making chemicals, polymers, feed and food. The positions are available for a 3-year period for applicants holding a relevant master´s degree. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Copenhagen, Denmark | Denmark
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in the field of biorefining of plant biomass – making chemicals, polymers, feed and food within the Faculty of Sciences at University of Copenhagen.
Deadline: March 19th 2014.
Funded By: University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of Copenhagen PhD Fellowships are targeted for Students of Denmark
‣ Award No: Three PhD fellowships are available for highly motivated
candidates at The Faculty of Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The positions are available for a 3-year period for applicants holding a relevant master´s degree. The successful applicant of the PhD scholarship must pass an enrolment in the SCIENCE Graduate School before the Faculty can complete the letter of employment. Graduate School of Faculty of Sciences strives to give our students the best international career prospects within our main research areas.
‣ Scholarship covers: The posts will be filled according to the Agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The posts are covered by the Protocol on Job Structure. The BIOVALUE platform is funded under the SPIR initiative by The Danish Council for Strategic Research and The Danish Council for Technology and Innovation. The University of Copenhagen wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
‣ The challenges of the world today come from an increasing population consuming high value products.
‣ However, plants are the new value chain in the future bio-based society – but we need to know more about biorefining. Which genotypes can make the most and best building blocks for the future high-value products?
‣ Three University of Copenhagen PhD Fellowships are available for highly motivated candidates at The Faculty of Sciences, University of Copenhagen. The fellowships start May 1st 2014 or soonest possible thereafter.
Have what it takes to avail University of Copenhagen PhD Fellowships?
‣ The grade point average achieved in a Master´s degree in Agronomy, Biology, Biotechnology or other relevant areas
‣ Professional qualifications; experiences with techniques in general molecular biology, biochemistry, plant physiology, plant breeding, genetics, bioinformatics or analytical chemistry are mandatory.
‣ Previous publications or research potential
‣ Relevant work experience or other professional activities
‣ Fluency in spoken and written English. Communication skills in Danish are an advantage.
‣ Good interpersonal skills
‣ By the end of March 2014 all applicants will have received information regarding the evaluation of their application.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on March 19th 2014. Applications received after the closing date for applications will not be considered.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...