University of Cape Town scholarships for International & Refugees who are non-South African graduates who are residents of countries other than South Africa. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Cape Town | South Africa
Level : Postgraduate: Honours, Master’s and Doctoral Degree
Field(s): Courses offered by the university at postgraduate level
Deadline: 31 July, 2013.
Funded By: University of Cape Town
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is targeted to students who are refugees in South Africa.
‣ Award No: not specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The bursaries are awarded on a yearly basis. The scholarships are renewable for the duration of the course of study, if satisfactory progress is maintained, for one year at honours level, two at master’s level and three at doctoral level.
‣ Scholarship Covers: Scholarship will offer R20 000 for Honours level, R25 000 for Master’s Level and R30 000 for Doctoral Level. 1 year renewable at Master’s and Doctoral level on satisfactory progress.
‣ A limited number of scholarships are available to graduates who are not South African citizens.
‣ These are awarded on a competitive basis and preference is given to senior candidates. All UCT International and Refugee Students’ Scholarships are supplementary.
‣ Students who apply must have the means to fund their studies.
‣ The scholarships are renewable for the duration of the course of study, if satisfactory progress is maintained, for one year at honours level, two at master’s level and three at doctoral level.
‣ Applicants must apply for full-time admission through the UCT Admissions Office or the Faculty Office.
‣ Late applications are not accepted.
‣ Funding is available for refugees in South Africa.
‣ The Scholarships awarded on a yearly basis. The country of origin is irrelevant, but proof of Refugee status is required.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to avail University of Cape Town scholarships
‣ must apply for full-time admission through the UCT Admissions Office or the Faculty;
‣ refugees in South Africa;
‣ graduates who are not South African citizens
‣ These are awarded on a competitive basis and preference is given to senior candidates.
‣ Results are communicated by post at end of December of the previous year.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Application form can be downloaded and sent via post. Applicants should send two copies (one original one photocopied) with two copies of all required.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 31 July, 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, DOCTRORAL, Featured, Honours, International, Master's, Postgraduate, Refugees, SOUTH AFRICA