University of British Columbia Graduate Fellowship in Canada , and applications are submitted till June 15. University of British Columbia is inviting applications for university graduate fellowship for Canadian and international students. The University Graduate Fellowship (UGF) is a merit-based scholarship that is awarded to graduate students engaged in full-time study or research in a thesis-based program. Incoming students are automatically considered for University Graduate Fellowship funding upon consideration for admission. Current students, enrolled in an Okanagan graduate degree program, must apply annually for University Graduate Fellowship funding. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of British Columbia| Canada
Level: graduate degree level
Field(s): Scholarships are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the University of British Columbia in Canada.
Deadline: June 15
Funded By: University of British Columbia, Canada
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of British Columbia Graduate Fellowship is targeted for Domestic and international students
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: Awarded in units of $3,000 or $6,000; multiple units may be awarded to one student. Selection criteria: Applicants for master’s level funding will be evaluated using the following criteria and weightings:
Personal characteristics and interpersonal skills
‣ The University of British Columbia Graduate Fellowship (UGF) is a merit-based scholarship that is awarded to graduate students engaged in full-time study or research in a thesis-based program. Incoming students are automatically considered for University Graduate Fellowship funding upon consideration for admission.
‣ Current students, enrolled in an Okanagan graduate degree program, must apply annually for University Graduate Fellowship funding.
‣ Academic Standing: Students must have obtained a GPA of first-class standing in each of the last two completed years of full-time study (or full-time equivalent) to be eligible to receive funding.
‣ For UBC courses, first-class standing is 80% and higher. Questions regarding GPA calculations can be directed to the College of Graduate Studies.
‣ Number of Months of Study: Master’s students must have completed, as of December 31, 2014 no more than 24 months of study in the master’s program for which they are requesting funding
‣ PhD students must have completed, as of December 31, 2018 no more than 48 months of study in the doctoral program for which they are requesting funding.
Annual progress reports must be completed and signed by both the student & supervisor/advisor, reviewed by the program coordinator, and submitted to the College of Graduate Studies by June 15th of each year to qualify for the award.
‣ All applicants are to submit their application materials directly to the College of Graduate Studies.
‣ Important note: current master’s students that submitted a Canada Graduate Scholarships
‣ Master’s Program application (CGSM) for the 2018 competition, will be automatically considered for UGF funding; no additional application is required.
‣ NSERC or SSHRC doctoral applicants only: doctoral students that submitted an application for NSERC or SSHRC funding during the 2018 competition will be automatically considered for UGF funding. These students are able to update their NSERC or SSHRC application by submitting a UGF form by the UGF deadline. New reference letters are not required.
‣ CIHR doctoral applicants must complete a UGF application form to be considered for UGF funding. The College of Graduate Studies does not have access to CIHR doctoral applications.
‣ Current graduate students that did not apply to one of the three federal granting agencies are encouraged to complete a UGF application by the annual deadline date.
‣ Incoming students of the May 2015, September 2015 and January 2016 intakes will be automatically considered for UGF funding upon consideration for admission. No additional application is needed for incoming students. Incoming students are not able to update or make changes to their admission application for the purpose of this scholarship. Important note: UGFs are non-renewable; therefore, incoming students will have to apply the following competition year to be considered for continued funding.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on June 15
UGF award funding is allocated to graduate programs annually. Graduate programs will review and evaluate each progress report.
Graduate programs may notify the College of Graduate Studies on an on-going basis to increase initial award assignments.
Conditions for Award Holders:
Conditions Pertaining to Satisfactory Progress:
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.