University of Birmingham International Postgraduate Scholarships is offered for oversea students in UK. Full details:
‣ Scholarship Covers: the University of Birmingham is offering 18 International Postgraduate Scholarships worth £10,000 towards the cost of a one year Masters (Taught or Research) programme. These awards are intended for tuition fees only and cannot be used towards living expenses.
‣ For over a century the University of Birmingham has been recognized as one of the world’s leading universities for the quality of our teaching and research.
‣ We attract students of the highest calibre from around the world and have been welcoming international students to the University for over 100 years.
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Birmingham | UK
Level: Postgraduate Degree
Funded By: University of Birmingham
Deadline: Friday 31 May 2013
Beneficiaries( Target Group):
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions): University of Birmingham International Postgraduate Scholarships is targeted for oversea students.
‣ No. of Awards: about 18 international postgraduate scholarships are offered.
‣ To award outstanding achievement, we are pleased to offer a number of international postgraduate scholarships(University of Birmingham International Postgraduate Scholarships).
‣ Applicants must have an excellent academic background; due to the level of competition for these scholarships, only applicants with a first class Bachelors degree (or equivalent) will be considered.
‣ Applicants must also demonstrate excellence in an area of their life; this might be outstanding academic achievement, exceptional achievement in extra curricular activities (such as sport, music, managing events or societies) or significant achievement gained either in their working life or through volunteering and service to others.
‣ Applicants must also outline the contribution they will make to the University of Birmingham as a student and what they expect to gain from studying here.
In order to apply for University of Birmingham International Postgraduate Scholarships, candidates must:
‣ have been offered a place to study on an eligible one year Masters programme at the University of Birmingham;
‣ be overseas for fee purposes;
‣ be attending full-time and on-campus (not distance learning);
‣ have a valid student ID number;
‣ not be in receipt of a full fee scholarship from any other source;
‣ have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK (including any associated visa/travel expenses);
‣ be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ Please be aware that you must have made an application to study at the University of Birmingham before submitting a scholarship application.
‣ To find out more about how to apply, please review our application procedures.
Scholarship application procedure
‣ The following application guidance and advice is intended for applicants who wish to apply for one of the below listed scholarships:
‣ For any other international scholarships, please refer to individual pages for detailed application procedures.
‣ A link to the online application form is sent automatically via email to students who receive an offer of admission to an eligible degree programme for the 2013/14 academic year.
‣ Scholarship Deadline : Applications will close on Friday 31 May 2013 for entry in the 13/14 academic year.
‣ Please wait at least 7 days from the date of your offer to receive this email.
‣ If after 7 days you have not received the application link, please submit an online enquiry via www.studenthelp.bham.ac.uk for the attention of the Student Funding Office, including your full name, University ID number and a brief description.
‣ The application is a web-based form which is submitted electronically to the University of Birmingham.
‣ If you experience any technical difficulties completing the form, please contact the Student Funding Office for advice:
Log an enquiry: www.studenthelp.bham.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0)121 414 7391
‣ Applications will be shortlisted and considered throughout June and early July.
‣ Due the large number of applications normally received, we are unable to contact all applicants individually, therefore, only successful applicants will be notified in writing by the end of July.
‣ Unfortunately, we are unable to provide individual feedback for unsuccessful applications.
‣ If you have not heard from the University by the end of July, please assume that your application for a scholarship was unsuccessful.
You may also like