University of Antwerp Doctoral Grant for International Students in Belgium 2014 , and applications are submitted till August 10, 2014. The University of Antwerp, Institute of Development Policy and Management is accepting applications for full-time Doctoral Grant in Belgium. Doctoral grant will be funded by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of the African Union and the promotion of constitutional governance. Doctoral scholarship is for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation. A monthly grant amount ranging from € 2.167,88 – € 2.486,53 will be provided. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Antwerp | Belgium
Level: Doctoral Degree
Field(s): area of the African Union and the promotion of constitutional governance.
Deadline: August 10, 2014.
Funded By: University of Antwerp, Belgium
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of Antwerp Doctoral Grant is targeted for
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation.
‣ Scholarship covers: Doctoral scholarship will cover monthly grant amount ranging from € 2.167,88 – € 2.486,53.
‣ The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity.
‣ HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label ‘HR Excellence in research’.
‣ During the University of Antwerp Doctoral Grant project, students have to prepare a doctoral thesis with regard to the development and enforcement of the African Union’s normative framework for the promotion of constitutional governance in its member states.
‣ Have contribute to teaching and research at the Institute of Development Policy and Management (IOB).
‣ You hold a master degree in law.
‣ Additional degrees or training in the areas of development studies, political science and/or international relations are recommended;
‣ Research experience on law and politics in Africa as well as practical experience with the functioning of intergovernmental organizations are highly appreciated;
‣ You are particularly interested in the analysis of law in its political and historical context, as well as for the implementation of international legal norms at the domestic level.
‣ You are somewhat familiar with the mission of the African Union to promote regional integration, development, peace, security, democracy and rule of law in Africa.
‣ You combine an interest for fundamental scientific research with attention for the policy relevance of your research.
‣ You are fluent in English and French; -You can submit outstanding academic results;
‣ Also students in the final year of their degree can apply; -Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply;
‣ Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy;
‣ You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
‣ Selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
‣ The interviews will take place from August 18th until September 12th 2014.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on August 10, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...