United Nations University-WIDER(World Institute for Development Economics Research) is offering research fellowship in Finland. Full details:
School(Institutions/Country): UNU-WIDER in Finland.
Field(s): Research on social sciences
Funded By: United Nations University-World Institute for Development Economics Research (UNU-WIDER)
Deadline:31 July 2013.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for International Citizens are eligible for this research fellowship. Applications from suitably qualified women candidates and those from developing countries are particularly encouraged.
‣ Award No: UNU-WIDER is looking for four (4) outstanding individuals with a strong commitment and potential to support the research and training programme of the Institute.
‣ Scholarship Duration: United Nations University-WIDER Fellowship is a full time fixed-term appointment. The initial appointment will be for a period of two (2) years with the possibility of renewal on a fixed-term appointment basis, subject to satisfactory work performance, with the combined duration of fixed-term appointments not exceeding six (6) years. The mandatory age of retirement for United Nations staff is 62 years. Staff members of the United Nations University are international civil servants subject to the authority of the Rector and may be assigned to any of the activities or offices of the United Nations University.
‣ Scholarship Covers: The institute offers a competitive net salary (tax-exempted) at P-3/P-4 level and allowances including post adjustment. Post adjustment is subject to change. The post carries the standard set of United Nations benefits and entitlements for international positions in the UN Common Systems, including participation in the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund, the possibility of participation in a health insurance programme, education grant, removal expenses and home leave.
United Nations University-WIDER Research Fellowship
‣ The United Nations University (UNU) is an international community of scholars, engaged in research, postgraduate teaching and capacity development and dissemination of knowledge in furthering the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations.
‣ The mission of UNU is to contribute, through research and capacity building, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems that are the concern of the United Nations and its Member States.
‣ Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Director, the Research Fellows will:
To avail United Nations University-WIDER Research Fellowship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ PhD in Economics, Development Economics, Political Science or a related Social Science field;
‣ A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of progressive relevant professional work experience, including the management of research and training programs;
‣ Demonstrated ability to carry out and manage development research activities in an international environment;
‣ A proven track record of academic and policy publications;
‣ Good knowledge of the international research and policy agenda in areas related to the Institute’s research programme;
‣ Teaching and research supervision experience;
‣ Excellent communications and drafting skills, with fluency in both oral and written English.
‣ Knowledge of other official UN languages would be an asset;
‣ Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
‣ Applications from suitably qualified women candidates and those from developing countries are particularly encouraged.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Interested applicants should submit their applications online using the link http://www1.wider.unu.edu/crm/forms/research-fellow-p-3-p-4 and must upload the following:
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is 31st July 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, developing countries, Fellowship, Finland, International, research, United Nations, University, WIDER