UNIST, The School of Urban and Environmental Engineering in Korea is offering scholarships for MS and PhD position.Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology | Republic of Korea
Level : M.S. program (2 years), PhD program (4 years) and M.S./PhD program (6 years).
Field(s): The research field includes: the inputs, the outputs, and the probabilistic risk assessment itself. Inputs include fragility analysis of the vulnerable components and probabilistic hazard analysis of the different hazards. Tsunami, flood, earthquake, and hurricane are examples of hazards taken into consideration. The study of the outputs includes benefit/cost analysis, evaluation of the consequences, and risk mitigation through strengthening of the system
Deadline: June 19, 2013.
Funded By: Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST)
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is targeted for international students.
Benefits( Values/ Inclusions):
‣Award No: not specified
‣Scholarship Duration: The scholarship is provided for 2 years (M.S. program), 4 years (PhD program) and 6 years (M.S./PhD program).
‣ Scholarship Covers:
‣ Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, the School of Urban and Environmental Engineering offers M.S. and Ph.D. positions in the “Risk and Reliability Assessment Laboratory”.
‣ The scope of the R2Alab is to improve the current state of the art and to develop new innovative methodologies for the reliability and risk assessment of civil infrastructure systems. Examples of such systems are highway transportation networks, railroad networks, water distribution systems, power distribution grids, and nuclear power plants.
To be eligible for Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology
Scholarships , candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ English proficiency test: TOEFL iBT 80, or TOEIC 800, or equivalent
‣ B.S. degree in civil engineering or related fields to apply M.S. Program
‣ M.S. degree in civil engineering or related fields to apply Ph.D. program.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ To apply for this scholarship, please contact Prof. Marco Torbol at mtorbol-at-unist.ac.kr.
‣ Scholarship Applications due date: Deadline for 2nd screening is June 19, 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, Featured, International, Korea, MS, PhD, scholarships