Unicaf Distance Learning Scholarship in cyprus . The UNICAF offers distance learning scholarship for studies towards the MBA, M.Ed or BBA programmes of the University of Nicosia at a fraction of the cost. Applicants must be permanent resident of an African country and earning less than €12,000 per year. The normal fees for the MBA, M.Ed or BBA degrees are €10,000 out of which UNICAF subsidies €8,000. Students that qualify and are studying towards the distance learning MBA, M.Ed or BBA degrees will therefore pay only €2000. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Nicosia | Cyprus
Level: Undergraduate & Master's Degree (Scholarship is available for pursuing distance learning master and undergraduate degree at University of Nicosia)
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded for MBA, Med or BBA courses.
Funded By: The UNICAF
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Unicaf Distance Learning Scholarship is targeted for The students of Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad,
Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: The normal fees for the MBA, M.Ed or BBA degrees are €10,000 out of which UNICAF subsidies €8,000. Students that qualify and are studying towards the distance learning MBA, M.Ed or BBA degrees will therefore pay only €2000.
‣ The Unicaf Distance Learning Scholarship was founded to offer gifted underprivileged students from Africa the opportunity of furthering their education by studying towards a University of Nicosia distance learning degree.
‣ The UNICAF Scholarship Programme is one of the most generous scholarship programmes available for African students and provides opportunities for studies towards the distance learning MBA, M.Ed or BBA programmes of the University of Nicosia at a fraction of the cost. The normal fees for the MBA, M.Ed or BBA degrees are €10,000 out of which UNICAF subsidises €8,000.
‣ Students that qualify and are studying towards the distance learning MBA, M.Ed or BBA degrees will therefore pay ONLY €2000*.
To apply for the UNICAF Scholarship Programme, candidates should:
‣ Be a permanent resident of an African country. -Be earning less than €12,000 per year
‣ Be available to commence their academic studies within 6 months from the date of receiving admission. -Meet the entry requirements of the respective programme of study.
‣ All students are required to take the English Placement Test (EPT) before registering for classes.
For MBA The following admissions criteria must be satisfied for a student to be admitted:
‣ An accredited Bachelor’s degree (European, American) or equivalent (i.e. ACCA).
‣ Proficiency in English – First Degree taught in English or IELTS 6 or TOEFL 550 (paper based) 213 (computer based).
‣ Letters of Recommendation – Two recommendation letters from persons who have known the applicant in his/her educational and professional environment are required.
‣ Curriculum Vitae (CV). -Personal Statement – a comprehensive outline highlighting the applicants’ individual competences and strengths and providing their reflections regarding the expectations and value of the programme as well as to their personal advancement and career development.
M. Ed Educational Leadership & Administration
‣ All applicants for entrance in the Masters of Education programme should have at least a lower second class Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in an area related to education from a recognised university.
‣ Transcript of grades -Applicants with a degree in a related subject taught in English from a recognized university will also be considered.
‣ Applicants with a lower grade will be considered on their own merits.
‣ Two academic reference letters.
‣ Personal Statement: A letter highlighting the applicant’s individual competences and strengths and providing his/her reflections regarding the expectations and value of the programme as well as to his/her personal advancement and career development. -An updated CV (Curriculum Vitae).
BBA Business Administration Regular admission to the BBA Business Administration programme requires a High School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent with an average grade of ‘C’. ‘A’ levels are considered to be a form of equivalent qualification.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.