UNFPA Internship Programme For International Applicants In USA, and , and applications are submitted till 31 December 2016. Applications are invited for United Nations Population Fund Internship Programme. Internships will be taken at UNFPA Headquarters in New York. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this internship. Candidates for the internship programme are selected on a competitive basis. The profiles of the interns are matched with the needs of the organization. UNFPA also encourage women to apply to all vacancies. The selection process normally lasts between 2 to 6 months. Interns do not receive a salary or any other form of remuneration from UNFPA. Full details::
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA ( New York)
U N F P A Internship Programme offers a small group of outstanding
students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNFPA
Deadline: 31 December 2016
Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UNFPA Internship Programme is targeted for applicants from all countries
‣ Award No: Not Specified
this paid internship? Interns
do not receive a salary or any other form of remuneration from UNFPA.
The costs associated with an intern’s participation in the
programme must be assumed either by the nominating institution, which
may provide the required financial assistance to its students, or by
the students themselves, who will have to meet living expenses as
well as make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and
other requirements. In addition, applicants must have medical
insurance for the duration of the internship. Proof of insurance will
need to be submitted before the internship begins.
‣ The UNFPA Internship Programme offers a small group of
outstanding students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNFPA operations.
‣ It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of UNFPA work.
‣ Applicants should have expressed interest in the field of development; ability to adapt to new environments and work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds. Interns work under the supervision of a staff member at UNFPA.
‣ The background of the interns is matched with the needs of the organization.
‣ Students should be enrolled in an advanced degree programme or have recently graduated;
‣ Students must have written and spoken proficiency in English; fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic is an asset.
‣ Candidates who participate in the evaluation process (testing or interview) will be notified by UNFPA about whether or not they are finally selected for a position. Only candidates who are short-listed will subsequently be contacted (normally 4 to 6 weeks after the closing date of the vacancy announcement).
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The mode application is online.
‣ Internship Application Due Date: 31 December 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.