UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Scholarships for SAARC Countries’ Students in Bhutan, and applications are submitted till 15th June 2015. The UNESCO Madanjeet Centre for South Asia Forestry Studies (UMCSAFS) at Ugyen Wangchuck Institute for Conservation and Environment (UWICE) is offering Madanjeet Singh scholarships for students SAARC countries. Candidate should be below 35 years of age and need to submit the birth certificate along with other relevant documents. Scholarships are available for pursuing four year (from July 2015 to July 2019) bachelor’s degree program in Forestry at College of Natural Resources (CNR), Royal University of Bhutan (RUB). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Bhutan
Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing bachelors degree program at College of Natural Resources (CNR), Royal University of Bhutan (RUB).
Deadline: 15th June 2015.
Funded By: South Asia Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Scholarships are targeted for Candidates from eight SAARC countries (India, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Pakistan and Afghanistan) can apply for these UNESCO scholarships.
‣ No. of awards: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Scholarship is awarded for four year undergraduate degree program.
‣Value of Scholarship : The scholarship will cover:
‣ The UNESCO Madanjeet Center for South Asia Forestry Studies (UMCSAFS) at Ugyen Wangchuck Institute for Conservation and Environment (UWICE), Bumthang, Bhutan is pleased to announce the UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Scholarships for four years Bachelors degree program in Forestry to be undertaken at College of Natural Resources (CNR), Royal University of Bhutan (RUB) in Lobesa, Punakha, Bhutan from July 2015 to July 2019.
‣ Be class XII pass with minimum of 55% in English and overall aggregate of 60% (English, Biology and two other subjects)
‣ Be fluent in English (both in written and speaking)
‣ Produce English Language Proficiency Certificate from recognized/competent institutions
‣ Be below 35 years of age and need to submit the birth certificate along with other relevant documents.
Selection Criteria for UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Scholarships
‣ South Asia Foundation (SAF) office in aforementioned countries shall select one candidate each based on the eligibility criteria mention herein.
‣ The name of the selected candidates from each SAARC country should reach to the office of the Program Director, Madanjeet Center for South Asia Forestry Studies, Lamai Goenpa, latest by 15th June, 2015 through SAF offices in respective country for further scrutiny and acceptance into scholarship program at College of Natural Resources.
‣ Should the documents be preferred to be sent via e-mail. Based on the final assessment, candidate may or may not be accepted into the program if SAF offices of the SAARC countries have failed to follow the set eligibility criteria.
‣ Candidates shall be informed on the selection results via e-mail or phone calls by 24th June, 2015.
‣ Accepted students shall be informed on legal and travel documents required
Scholarship Application Method
‣ All candidates applying for UMCSAFS scholarship program should submit the following documents to the SAF offices of the respective SAARC countries.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th June 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.