UNESCO-ISEDC Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme , and applications are submitted till 3 April 2018. Applications are invited for UNESCO/ISEDC Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme available in specialized institutions in the Russian Federation. Up to twenty training fellowships will be awarded for a period of four weeks from 1 to 26 October 2018. UNESCO will solicit applications from the developing countries and countries in transition. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): |
Level: four weeks fellowship programme.
Field(s): Energy and sustainable development; Ecological management of energy resources; Renewable energy and Sustainable and renewable energy power generation.
Deadline: 3 April 2018
Funded By: UNESCO Programme and International Center for Sustainable Energy Development (ISEDC) in Moscow (Russian Federation)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UNESCO-ISEDC Co-Sponsored Fellowships are targeted for Applicants from following countries:
List of Invited Member States
AFRICA (46 Member States)
Angola*, Benin*, Botswana, Burkina Faso*, Burundi*, Cameroon, Cape Verde*, Central African Republic*, Chad*, Comoros*, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo*, Djibouti*, Equatorial Guinea*, Eritrea*, Ethiopia*, Gabon, Gambia*, Ghana, Guinea*, Guinea-Bissau*, Kenya, Lesotho*, Liberia*, Madagascar*, Malawi*, Mali*, Mauritius, Mozambique*, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda*, Sao Tome and Principe*, Senegal*, Seychelles, Sierra Leone*, Somalia*, South Africa, Swaziland, Togo*, Uganda*, United Republic of Tanzania*, Zambia*, and Zimbabwe
ARAB STATES (15 Member States)
Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Mauritania*, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Sudan*, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, Yemen*
ASIA and THE PACIFIC (39 Member States)
Afghanistan*, Bangladesh*, Bhutan*, Cambodia*, China, Cook Islands, Federal States of Micronesia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Kazakhstan, Kiribati*, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic*, Malaysia, Maldives*, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar*, Nauru, Nepal*, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa*, Solomon Islands*, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor - Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu*, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu*, Viet Nam
LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN (32 Member States)
Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia (plurinacional State of), Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti*, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
EUROPE (22 Member States)
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Montenegro, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Serbia, Romania, Slovak Republic, The former Yugolsav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, and Ukraine
ASSOCIATE MEMBER STATE (1)
‣ Award No: Twenty (20) fellowships will be awarded in 2018.
‣ Scholarship Duration: ne month duration: from 1 to 26 October 2018.
‣ Scholarship covers: Facilities offered by ISEDC: -Beneficiaries will be exempt of paying tuition fees for the entire duration of studies/training;
Facilities offered by UNESCO:
‣ The aim of this UNESCO-ISEDC Co-Sponsored Fellowships programme is to enhance the capacity-building and human resources development in the area of sustainable and renewable energy sources in developing countries and countries in transition.
‣ The training activities in the framework of these fellowships are tenable in specialized institutions in the Russian Federation.
‣ The medium of instruction will be English. UNESCO will solicit applications from the developing countries and countries in transition.
‣ In line with the strategy and objectives of the approved UNESCO Programme and Budget for the Fellowships Programme Section, the UNESCO Category II International Center for Sustainable Energy Development (ISEDC) in Moscow (Russian Federation) is offering twenty (20) fellowships of four weeks (4) duration each in 2018.
‣ Holder of at least a BSc degree or BA in Economics;
‣ Proficient in the Russian language;
‣ Not more than 35 years of age.
Notification for UNESCO-ISEDC Co-Sponsored Fellowships
‣ The final selection of beneficiaries lies with ISEDC. The National Commission of selected fellows will be duly informed by UNESCO and the letter of award will immediately follow.
‣ UNESCO will authorize the departure of beneficiaries who have completely complied with the requirements stipulated in the letter of award.
‣ Candidates not informed of their selection by 1st September 2015 should consider that their applications have not been approved.
Scholarship Application Method
Procedures on Submission of applications
(a) All applications should be endorsed by the National Commission for UNESCO and must be duly completed in English or French with the following attachments in DUPLICATE:
(b) Files which are incomplete or received after the deadline for the submission of applications and candidatures, and do not fulfil the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
(c) Each invited Member State is requested to nominate not more than two (2) candidates.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 3 April 2018.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.