UNESCO-China Great Wall Scholarship Program in China, and applications are submitted 20 April 2017. Government of the People’s Republic of China and UNESCO are inviting applications for Great Wall Scholarship Program available for general scholars and senior scholars to undertake one-year English-taught programs. Scholarship recipients of Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese proficiency are required to get the approval from both CSC and UNESCO for one-year Chinese language study. Applicants should apply to the National Commission for UNESCO in their home country between January and early April. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | China
Level: ne-year English-taught programs for general scholars and senior scholars
Field(s): any discipline.
Deadline: 20 April 2017
Funded By: Government of the People’s Republic of China and UNESCO
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UNESCO-China Great Wall Scholarship is targeted for Citizens of developing countries
Invited Member States
AFRICA - 46 Member States:
ASIA AND THE PACIFIC - 38 Member States:
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Serbia, Ukraine can apply for these UNESCO fellowships.
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: This program only supports for one-year ( SESSION Sept 2017 - June 2018)
‣ Scholarship covers: This is a full scholarship which covers
‣ Chinese Government Scholarship—Great Wall Program ( UNESCO-China Great Wall Scholarship ) is a full scholarship established by MOE for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to sponsor students and scholars in developing countries to study and conduct research in China.
‣ be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
‣ be under the age of 45 and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study when applying for general scholar programs;
‣ be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
‣ Applicants must be under 45 and hold at least the bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, or the Master degree/above when applying.
Test Requirement: No
Language Requirements: These fellowships, are in most cases to be conducted in English. In exceptional cases, candidates may be required to study Chinese language before taking up research/study in their fields of interest. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Notification for UNESCO-China Great Wall Scholarship
‣ CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Winners and sends the admission documents to the permanent delegation of P. R. China to UNESCO before July 31st. Each scholarship winner will be granted with no more than one scholarship.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country for CGS opportunity. It is your own responsibility to consult the National Commission for UNESCO in your country for the requirements and make sure you are eligible for the scholarship.
How to Apply?
Read carefully the Announcement letter, especially the attached ANNEX II, for UNESCO/China Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme 2017-2018 to understand the requirements for eligible candidatures and the procedures for the submission of application.
Visit the official website of China Scholarship Council (CSC): http://www.campuschina.org/, to check more details on the fellowships programme and available fields of study and universities of your interest.
Prepare your application documents (in English or Chinese) properly according to the requirements prescribed in ANNEX II.
Applicants are encouraged to contact in advance with their target Chinese universities. For the applicants who have received the pre-admission letters from designated Chinese universities by the time of submission, please attach your pre-admission letters in the supporting documents.
Register in CSC Chinese Scholarship Information System for International Students at www.campuschina.org/noticeen.html (Programme Category Type A, Agency number 00001) and submit your online application by following the guidance in Instructions of the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System for International Students.
Print out your online application form and send it to the National Commission for UNESCO of your country, attached with the hard copies of all the required documents (in duplicate).
NOTE: As National Commission for UNESCO of the invited countries will select and transmit the documents of nominated candidates to UNESCO Paris Headquarter by 20 April 2017 at the latest, applicants are advised to submit their application, both online and to their National Commissions as early as possible. Click here for the directory of National Commissions for UNESCO.
Submission and Selection of Candidates
Due to the intergovernmental character of UNESCO, individual application is not acceptable for UNESCO. Applicants should contact the National Commission for UNESCO of their home countries and submit their application documents, in both hard and advanced copies, to the National Commissions after completing their online application in the website of China Scholarship Council (CSC). The National Commission will select qualified candidates and transmit the application documents of nominated candidates to UNESCO.
The hard copies of the applications, attached with the letter of nomination endorsed by the National Commission, should be addressed in duplicate to Mr Stoyan Bantchev, Chief of the Participation Programme and Fellowships Section, 7 Place de Fontenoy, 75352 Paris 07 SP, France, and reach UNESCO imperatively by 20 April 2017 at the latest. An advanced copy of the application documents should be sent as early as possible by email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
UNESCO and the Chinese authorities will select the seventy-five (75) most qualified candidates. The National Commissions to UNESCO of the beneficiaries will be duly informed by UNESCO.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date : 20 April 2017
‣ Required documents are:
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.