UNESCO-China Great Wall Scholarship Program in China, and applications are submitted 20 May 2016. Government of the People’s Republic of China and UNESCO are inviting applications for Great Wall Scholarship Program available for general scholars and senior scholars to undertake one-year English-taught programs. Scholarship recipients of Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese proficiency are required to get the approval from both CSC and UNESCO for one-year Chinese language study. Applicants should apply to the National Commission for UNESCO in their home country between January and early April. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | China
Level: ne-year English-taught programs for general scholars and senior scholars
Field(s): any discipline.
Deadline: 20 May 2016
Funded By: Government of the People’s Republic of China and UNESCO
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UNESCO-China Great Wall Scholarship is targeted for Citizens of developing countries (Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia,
Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya,Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania
, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe) can apply for these UNESCO fellowships.
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: This program only supports for one-year ( SESSION Sept 2016 - June 2017)
‣ Scholarship covers: This is a full scholarship which covers
‣ Chinese Government Scholarship—Great Wall Program ( UNESCO-China Great Wall Scholarship ) is a full scholarship established by MOE for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to sponsor students and scholars in developing countries to study and conduct research in China.
‣ be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
‣ be under the age of 45 and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study when applying for general scholar programs;
‣ be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
‣ Applicants must be under 45 and hold at least the bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, or the Master degree/above when applying.
Test Requirement: No
Language Requirements: These fellowships, are in most cases to be conducted in English. In exceptional cases, candidates may be required to study Chinese language before taking up research/study in their fields of interest. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Notification for UNESCO-China Great Wall Scholarship
‣ CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Winners and sends the admission documents to the permanent delegation of P. R. China to UNESCO before July 31st. Each scholarship winner will be granted with no more than one scholarship.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country for CGS opportunity. It is your own responsibility to consult the National Commission for UNESCO in your country for the requirements and make sure you are eligible for the scholarship.
‣ Apply to your target university for Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate (you will receive an Award Letter for CGS Candidate).
‣ Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy.
‣ Submit all your application documents to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country before the deadline.
‣ Only applications of recommended candidates from UNESCO will be considered. No other applications or individual application directly sent to CSC will be considered. Candidates holding Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
Note: You should consult the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country for Instructions of CSC Online Application System for International Students and Agency Number.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date : 20 May 2016
‣ Required documents are:
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.