University PhD Programme in Economics and Governance, Netherlands
, and applications are submitted till 15
February 2016. UNU-MERIT and its School of Governance
invite applications for PhD Programme on Innovation, Economics and
Governance for Development (IEGD). These courses are taught in
Maastricht and spread across two semesters. Taught entirely in
English, this is an annual Maastricht-based programme which starts on
1 September. At the end of the programme, the doctoral degree is
awarded by Maastricht University upon successful defence of the
thesis. Full details
School(Institutions/ Country): | Netherlands
is awarded for studying Innovation, Economics and Governance for
Nations University (UNU)-MERIT and its School of Governance
Groups): This UN
University PhD Programme in Economics and Governance is targeted for
Netherlands and foreign students can apply for this PhD programme.
year university will distribute a limited number of scholarships
among the accepted fellows.
following tuition fees are applicable to those enrolled in the PhD
programme for the 2015-2016 academic year: First year: €7000 and
Subsequent years: €2500. The tuition fee includes all
programme-related costs. This excludes books, specific research
costs, travel costs, accommodation, and visa or residence permit
University PhD Programme in Economics and Governance
is a multidisciplinary course offered by UNU-MERIT and its School of
programme focuses on research skills and methods, training fellows to
become both scholars and practitioners in the fields of governance
and the economics of technology.
their first year, fellows complete a basic, compulsory training
programme conducted by leading scholars of the host and partner
courses are taught in Maastricht and spread across two semesters.
Taught entirely in English, this is an annual Maastricht-based
programme which starts on 1 September.
the end of the programme, the doctoral degree is awarded by
Maastricht University upon successful defence of the thesis.
‣ a Master’s degree from a relevant academic field, including: economics, international relations, political science, law, social sciences, business administration, health sciences or public health
‣ basic knowledge of mathematics and statistics, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience
‣ basic knowledge of economics, social sciences, political science and/or law, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience
‣ proficiency in English, with a minimum level of 600 PBT / 240 CBT / 100 IBT for the TOEFL or 7.0 for the IELTS (native speakers of English and students who received their Bachelor’s or Master’s education in English are exempt). Maastricht University’s TOEFL code is 7102.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ In addition to filling in the online application form, applicants must submit the following:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 February 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.