UN Strategic Communications Internship In Denmark, and applications are submitted till 25 September 2016 Applications are invited for UN Strategic Communications Internship programme in Copenhagen.. The internship is for six months and the start date is in October 2016. It is a fulltime role with working hours starting from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week). Please note that the terms of internship as defined by UNHCR practice, preclude payment of any kind. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Denmark (UN City, Copenhagen)
Field(s): Strategic Communications Internship
Deadline: 25 September 2016
Funded By: UNHCR, The UN Refugee Agency
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UN Strategic Communications Internship is targeted for International applicants
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The internship is for six months and the start date is in October 2016. It is a fulltime role with working hours starting from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week). Please note that the terms of internship as defined by UNHCR practice, preclude payment of any kind.
‣ Scholarship covers: Is this paid internship? UN Strategic Communications Internship
s full time. Interns must have full insurance coverage during the entire internship and provide evidence of this.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution.
UNHCR teams are in the field in over 125 countries, using their expertise to protect and care for nearly 55 million people.
The internship will be placed with UNHCR’s Strategic Communications team, which sits within the Department of External Relations (DER) and serves departments both within DER and in the wider organisation. This exciting internship is a unique opportunity to gain experience in communication and media monitoring as well as experience working within the UN system.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a dynamic and proactive team player, with a strong interest in communication and refugee issues, to complete a six-month internship within UNHCR’s Strategic Communications team.
The Strategic Communications team provides quantitative and qualitative data insights, research, key learnings and evaluation materials related to UNHCR’s internal and external communications.
The intern will assist with research and analytic assignments as well as administrative tasks.
The Strategic Communications Intern will be expected to:
The ideal candidate for UN Strategic Communications Internship will:
‣ Interviews are scheduled to take place in November.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation and CV, including
testimonials/degrees/certificates to DENCODERHR@unhcr.org indicating “Strategic Communications
internship” in the subject of the email.
‣ Internship Applications are due on 25 September 2016
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.