UCL Overseas Research Scholarships (UCL-ORS) in UK , and applications are submitted till Friday, 6 January 2017. University College London is offering approximately 40 overseas research scholarships for international students. To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be holding or expecting to achieve at least an upper second-class Honors UK undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and research potential. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University College London | UK
of the courses offered by the University College London.
Deadline: Friday, 6 January 2017
College London, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UCL Overseas Research Scholarships are targeted for International students
‣ data-custom-mark="true"Award No: data-custom-mark="true"Approximately 40 UCL-ORS awards are available annually.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Awards are tenable for years 1, 2, and 3 of a full-time MPhil/PhD/EngD degree programme (or years 1 to 5 of a part-time programme), subject to annual review and renewal.
‣ Scholarship covers: Awards consist of fee funding to cover the difference between Overseas and UK/EU tuition fees.
Overseas Research Scholarships
(UCL-ORS), aim to attract high-quality international students to UCL
to undertake research. Approximately 40 UCL-ORS awards are available
‣ in receipt of an offer of admission to, or currently registered at, UCL on a full- or part-time research degree programme and;
‣ liable to pay tuition fees at the overseas rate (Overseas fees status), and;
‣ holding or expecting to achieve at least an upper second-class Honours UK undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification.
‣ While current students may apply, those entering their third year of research will normally only be considered for funding in exceptional circumstances.
Selection criteria for UCL Overseas Research Scholarships
‣ Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and research potential. Financial circumstances are not taken into account.
‣ The selection panel meets in mid February and successful candidates can expect to be notified by Tuesday 23 February 2016 at the latest. If you do not hear from us by that date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ There is one common application procedure and form for a number of
research student scholarship schemes.
‣ All applicants will be considered for a UCL GRS, and overseas fee payers will also be considered for the UCL ORS award and, if applicable, the UCL-CSC (China Scholarships Council) Scholarships.
‣ You only need to complete one application form to be considered for any of these funding schemes, provided you fulfill the relevant eligibility criteria.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on Friday, 6 January 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.