UCL Overseas Research Scholarships (UCL-ORS) in UK , and applications are submitted till Friday, 5 January 2018. University College London is offering approximately 40 overseas research scholarships for international students. To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be holding or expecting to achieve at least an upper second-class Honors UK undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and research potential. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University College London | UK
of the courses offered by the University College London.
Deadline: Friday, 5 January 2018
College London, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UCL Overseas Research Scholarships are targeted for International students
‣ data-custom-mark="true"Award No: data-custom-mark="true"Approximately 40 UCL-ORS awards are available annually.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Awards are tenable for years 1, 2, and 3 of a full-time MPhil/PhD/EngD degree programme (or years 1 to 5 of a part-time programme), subject to annual review and renewal.
‣ Scholarship covers: Awards consist of fee funding to cover the difference between Overseas and UK/EU tuition fees.
Overseas Research Scholarships
(UCL-ORS), aim to attract high-quality international students to UCL
to undertake research. Approximately 40 UCL-ORS awards are available
‣ in receipt of an offer of admission to, or currently registered at, UCL on a full- or part-time research degree programme and;
‣ liable to pay tuition fees at the overseas rate (Overseas fees status), and;
‣ holding or expecting to achieve at least an upper second-class Honours UK undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification.
‣ While current students may apply, those entering their third year of research will normally only be considered for funding in exceptional circumstances.
Selection criteria for UCL Overseas Research Scholarships
‣ Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and research potential. Financial circumstances are not taken into account.
here is a combined selection by UCL academics for the research schemes. This selection panel will make the final decision on successful candidates.
The selection panel meets in February and successful candidates can expect to be notified by Friday, 23 February 2018 at the latest. If you do not hear from us by that date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
*NOTE: All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.
Scholarship Application Method
In order to apply for an ORS, you must complete the following steps:
Step 1 - Apply for admission to UCL
*The following instructions apply to prospective students. For current students, your original admission application will be used as your scholarship application. If the below information in Step 1 was not included in your admission application, please send this information to your department along with the documents from Step 2.
You must submit a complete application for admission onto a research degree programme by the specified deadline. Your application for admission will also be used as your scholarship application. Please see below for guidance on information to include in your admission application if you wish to be considered for an ORS:*
*If you submitted your application for admission prior to applying for an ORS and have not included all of the required information in your admission application (e.g. details of your prizes on your CV), please submit this data to your department as part of Step 2 (below) along with your research proposal and research supervisor reference. Please use this Reference Form if needed. We have prepared information that may be helpful for your referee, the UCL Guidance for Referees. We suggest you provide your referee with a copy of this document when asking for an academic reference.
Step 2 - Submit additional documents to your department
*The following instructions apply to both prospective and current students. Applicants must contact their academic department to notify them that they would like to be considered for an ORS and must submit the following documents to them:
All application materials should be sent to the relevant academic department/institute/division/unit. Please check with the administrative staff in your departmental office for details of who to send your application to.
All applicants for the UCL Overseas Research Scholarships (ORS) will automatically be considered for a UCL Graduate Research Scholarships (GRS) and, if applicable, the UCL-CSC (China Scholarships Council) Scholarships.
You must apply for admission and submit the additional information to your department no later than Friday, 5 January 2018.Please be aware that some academic departments set their own deadlines which may be earlier than this date, so make sure you check with them directly.
Potential candidates must ensure that they submit all scholarship application materials by the deadline irrespective of whether an offer of admission has reached them or not. The UCL Student Funding Office will check UCL systems at a later date to confirm whether the scholarship applicant holds an offer of admission and on what date that offer was made.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on Friday, 5 January 2018
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.