UCEAP (University of California Education Abroad Program) offers $1 Million Initiative scholarships to study abroad for University of California Students. Full detail:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Abroad
Level: Students must be currently enrolled at UC ( University of California)
Field(s): All kinds of study abroad programs
Deadline: March 15, 2013
Funded by: UCEAP(University of California Education Abroad Program )
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is Open for students of USA.
‣ No. of Awards: University of California Education Abroad Program will offer 50 awards for summer 2013 , 220 awards for all 2013 semester or year and 110 awards for spring 2014 semester or year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: It is applicable for three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: University of California Education Abroad Program offer dozens of scholarships—over $1.2 million for 2013-14 Summer 2013:$1,000, Fall 2013 (semester or year):$2,000, Spring 2014 (semester or year): $2,000.
‣ Education abroad is an investment in your academic, professional, and personal future, and UCEAP wants to help you afford this tremendous opportunity.
‣ We offer dozens of scholarships—over $1.2 million for 2013-14—for students of all backgrounds and majors, and for all kinds of study abroad programs.
‣ Student’s statement of purpose should be a clear, concise statement, with a maximum of two pages (either single or double-spaced).
‣ Please include your name, UC campus, country, and program information at the top of each page.
‣ It must be uploaded as a PDF document. Applicant must describe how the country and language (if applicable) and specific program applicant selected will help applicant achieve his/her academic and career goals.
‣ Include specific opportunities, courses, projects, or goals applicant plan to pursue while abroad, and explain why studying abroad is the best way to accomplish them.
‣ UCEAP scholarships from the $1 Million Initiative for 2013-14 are open to all University of California Education Abroad Program students.
‣ The award selections will be primarily based on academic merit and integration of a selected University of California Education Abroad Program program into a student’s academic and career goals, as demonstrated in a personal statement.
‣ Students with financial need or who are traditionally under-represented in University of California Education Abroad Program should include the impact these elements have had on their decision to study abroad.
‣ Under-represented students include those who have transferred to UC from a California community college or state university, veterans, first-generation college students, and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) majors.
‣ Awards are primarily merit-based and applicant’s GPA, academic accomplishments, goals for study abroad will all be taken into account when your application is reviewed.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply The next scholarship application will open in mid-February 2013 (for participants in Summer 2013, Fall 2013, and Northern Hemisphere Academic Year 2013-14).
‣ In order to apply, first register with MyEAP to start an application to study abroad.
‣ The MyEAP portal will direct you to the scholarship application once the form is available. ‣‣When the online scholarship application opens, be prepared to provide: 1) an application form, 2) a statement of purpose and 3) a copy of your transcript.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by March 15, 2013. (application will open in mid-February 2013).
‣ Notification: UCEAP will send you an email by the end of April 2013 at the email provided in application to inform regarding the status of the application.
‣ If applicant has been selected for a scholarship, he/she will need to fill out an acceptance form.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official websiteYou may also like