UCEAP $1 Million Scholarship Initiative for UC Students to Study Abroad and application Deadlines: 5:00 PM (PT) on February 15 for Summer programs ; 5:00 PM (PT) on March 15 for Fall programs ; 5:00 PM (PT) on September 15 for Spring programs. UCEAP (University of California Education Abroad Program) offers $1 Million Initiative scholarships to study abroad for University of California Students . Education abroad is an investment in your academic, professional, and personal future, and UCEAP wants to help you afford this tremendous opportunity. We offer dozens of scholarships — over $1.5 million annually — for students of all backgrounds and majors, and for all kinds of study abroad programs.Full detail:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Abroad
Level: Students must be currently enrolled at UC ( University of California)
Field(s): All kinds of study abroad programs
Deadline: The application must be completed and documents must be uploaded by:
Funded by: UCEAP(University of California Education Abroad Program )
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is Open for students of USA.
‣ No. of Awards: University of California Education Abroad Program will offer 50 awards for summer 2013 , 220 awards for all 2013 semester or year and 110 awards for spring 2014 semester or year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: It is applicable for three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: University of California Education Abroad Program offer dozens of scholarships—over $1.2 million for Summer :$1,000, Fall (semester or year):$2,000, Spring (semester or year): $2,000.
Education abroad is an investment in your academic, professional, and personal future, and UCEAP wants to help you afford this tremendous opportunity. We offer dozens of scholarships — over $1.5 million annually — for students of all backgrounds and majors, and for all kinds of study abroad programs.
Through the UCEAP Promise Awards we will award the following scholarships per departure term:
TermAwardApplication OpenApplication CloseSummer $1,000Late JanuaryFebruary 15Fall $2,000Late January March 15Spring $2,000Summer September 15
Over 500 awards, $1,000 for summer or $2,000 for fall, spring, and year terms abroad will be distributed.
The application cycle for Fall includes all fall and year-long programs with fall departures. The application cycle for Spring includes all Winter, Spring, and Academic Year (Southern Hemisphere programs. If you will participate in a program that spans two terms (such as an Academic Year program including both Fall and Spring terms), you can apply for the UCEAP Promise Awards for all the terms you are abroad.
‣ UCEAP scholarships from the $1 Million Initiative for 2013-14 are open to all University of California Education Abroad Program students.
‣ The award selections will be primarily based on academic merit and integration of a selected University of California Education Abroad Program program into a student’s academic and career goals, as demonstrated in a personal statement.
‣ Students with financial need or who are traditionally under-represented in University of California Education Abroad Program should include the impact these elements have had on their decision to study abroad.
‣ Under-represented students include those who have transferred to UC from a California community college or state university, veterans, first-generation college students, and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) majors.
‣ Awards are primarily merit-based and applicant’s GPA, academic accomplishments, goals for study abroad will all be taken into account when your application is reviewed.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications for Summer and Fall will open in January.
Award decisions will be announced by e-mail before the April 1 (Summer), May 1 (Fall), and November 1 (Spring) withdrawal deadlines.
About the Application Form
The form will ask you questions about your UCEAP program, your academic standing, and background. You will need to enter your departmental, major, or college advisor's name and contact information.
Statement of Purpose
Your statement of purpose should be a clear, concise essay, with a maximum of two pages double spaced. In your statement, please address the following:
Please include your UC student ID number, country, and program information at the top of each page. It must be uploaded as a PDF document.
You must include a PDF version of a transcript. The transcript can be official or unofficial.
If you transferred to UC from a California community college or state university, you must upload a PDF version of a transcript from your previous institution in order to be considered for a scholarship. The transcript can be official or unofficial. The transcript must show all courses taken at your transfer institution, with your grades and your cumulative GPA.
If you attended more than one school before transferring to UC, please upload a transcript from the institution where you completed the highest number of units.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date:
‣ Notification: UCEAP will send you an email by the end of April 2013 at the email provided in application to inform regarding the status of the application.
‣ If applicant has been selected for a scholarship, he/she will need to fill out an acceptance form.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website