TWAS-USM Fellowships for Visiting Researchers in Malaysia , and applications are submitted till 15 September 2015. TWAS-Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) is inviting applications for fellowships for visiting researchers. Fellowships are open for scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) who wish to pursue advanced research in natural sciences. Fellowships are tenable for a minimum period of one month to a maximum of three months at a school/department of the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM). USM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Universiti Sains Malaysia | Malaysia
Level: Advanced Research
Field(s): natural sciences at Universiti Sains Malaysia.
Deadline: 15 September 2015.
Funded By: TWAS-Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): TWAS-USM Fellowships are targeted for the students of Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea?Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia,
Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor, Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe (other than Malaysia)
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: TWAS-USM Visiting Researchers Fellowships in natural sciences are tenable for a minimum period of one month to a maximum of three months at a school/department of the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM).
‣ Scholarship covers: USM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
‣ For scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) who wish to pursue advanced research in natural sciences.
‣ Be a maximum age of 55 years on 31 December of the application year.
‣ Be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia).
‣ Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Malaysia or any developed country.
‣ Hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences and a regular research assignment with at least five years of postdoctoral research experience.
‣ Provide evidence of proficiency in English.
‣ Be financially responsible for any accompanying family member.
‣ Applicants to the TWAS-USM Visiting Scholar Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS and USM (by email).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 September 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.