TWAS USM Fellowship is announced for scientists from Developing Countries (other than Malaysia). Full details:
Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines,Zambia, Angola, Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation,Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia,South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines,Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, FYR, Thailand, Malaysia, Tunisia,Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu,Dominica, Montenegro, Uruguay.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: not specified.
School(Institutions/ Country): school/department of the University of Science, Malaysia (USM) | Malaysia
Level: Research porgramme
Field(s): Natural Sciences.
Funded By: TWAS
Deadline: 5 September 2013 ( annually)
Beneficiaries( Target Group): TWAS USM Fellowship is announced for scientists from Developing Countries (other than Malaysia). is targeted to the following countries: Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bisau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sri Lanka,
‣ Scholarship Duration: TWAS USM Fellowship in natural sciences are tenable for a minimum period of one month to a maximum of three months at a school/department of the University of Science, Malaysia (USM).
‣ Scholarship Covers: USM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
‣ TWAS USM Fellowship in natural sciences are tenable for a minimum period of one month to a maximum of three months at a school/department of the University of Science, Malaysia (USM).
‣ For a complete list of schools and departments at USM. USM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
‣ The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for TWAS USM Fellowship must meet the following criteria:
‣ Be a maximum age of 55 years on 31 December of the application year.
‣ Be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia).
‣ Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Malaysia or any developed country.
‣ Hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences and a regular research assignment with at least five years of postdoctoral research experience.
‣ Provide an official Acceptance Letter from a department, laboratory or institute at USM (see sample Acceptance Letter in the application form).
‣ Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Dean, Institute of Postgraduate Studies, USM who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor.
‣ In contacting Prof. Hashim applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their latest CV and a short write-up of research proposal (maximum 3 pages);
‣ Provide evidence of proficiency in English;
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ Click on the links below to download the application form and guidelines.
‣ Before applying it is recommended that you read very carefully the application guidelines for detailed information on eligibility criteria, deadlines and other key requirements of the application procedure. VS Application form VS Application Guidelines
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: Eligible applicants should submit their applications till 15 September of each year.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like