TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Malaysia, and applications are submitted till 15th September 2017. TWAS and Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) are inviting applications for TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowship programme. Fellowships are available for young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural sciences at the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) in Malaysia. UPM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Malaysia
Level: postdoctoral research
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in the field of natural sciences (Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physics) at Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM).
Deadline: 15th September .
Funded By: TWAS and Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Beneficiaries(Target Groups): TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for Citizens of developing countries (other than Malaysia): Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Iran, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico,
Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments, institutions and laboratories of the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) for a minimum period of six (6) months to a maximum period of twelve months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences.
‣ Scholarship covers: UPM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
‣ For young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) who wish to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences at the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) in Selangor, Malaysia.
‣ be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia);
‣ must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Malaysia or any developed country;
‣ hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
‣ apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
‣ be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Malaysia) and hold a research assignment there;
‣ provide an official Acceptance Letter from a department, laboratory or institute at UPM (see sample Acceptance Letter in the application form). Applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their latest CV and a short write-up of research proposal (maximum 3 pages);
‣ provide evidence of proficiency in English;
‣ be financially responsible for any accompanying family member.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants to the TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS only (by email). Applicants should use this Application form
‣ Applicants should submit the acceptance letter (issued by the Dean of the UPM School of Graduate Studies) to TWAS, when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without the acceptance letter, the application will not be considered for selection.
‣ Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper, Signed and sent as attachments via e-mail to TWAS. The subject line must contain UPM/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
‣ The letters can be submitted either by the referee or by the applicant directly.
Contact Details• TWAS Fellowships OfficeICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
E-mail: email@example.com • Dean, School of Graduate Studies
Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
43400 UPM Serdang,
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
(Attention: Mr. Saiful Maskan)
Tel: +603-8946 4207/4216
Fax: +603-8946 4232
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th September .
STARTING IN 2017 APPLICATIONS CAN ONLY BE SUBMITTED VIA THE ONLINE PORTAL AND ONLY ONCE THE CALL HAS OPENED TENTATIVELY IN AUGUST 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.