TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Pakistan , and applications are submitted till 15 September. TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments and laboratories of the National Centre for Physics (NCP) for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months in one of the following fields of physics: Plasma Physics, High Energy Physics (Experimental and Theoretical), Quantum Information, Applications of Ion Beam Techniques using Tandem Accelerator (5MV), Earthquake Studies, Atomic Physics & Spectroscopy, Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), Modeling, Simulation & Computing, Astrophysics & Cosmology, Nano Sciences (Catalysis & Surface Sciences, Nano Material Fabrication & Applications, Nano Biotechnology, Nano Medicines), Vacuum Science & Technology (Vacuum Standards, Vacuum Coating & Material). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): The national center of Physics | Pakistan
Level: Postdoctoral Fellowships
Deadline: 15 September
Funded By: TWAS-NCP
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for For young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in physical sciences in departments and laboratories of the National Centre for Physics (NCP) in Islamabad. Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Iran, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius,
Malaysia, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru , , Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Mexico, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships.
‣ No. of awards: not specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months
‣Value of Scholarship : a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. Obtaining suitable health insurance is the candidate’s own responsibility and will be at his/her own expense. International travel (return economy class by the shortest route) and visa expenses will be covered by TWAS.
‣ be permanent residents in a developing country (other than Pakistan);
‣ must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
‣ hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
‣ be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
‣ provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
‣ provide an official Acceptance Letter from NCP (see sample Acceptance Letter on page 6). Requests for acceptance must be sent to Director Collaboration & Academic Activities Department (CAAD) (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Director, CAAD applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline;
‣ provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
‣ provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
‣ not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
‣ be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The call for applications is open from April until 15 September of each year.
‣ Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from NCP when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection.
‣ Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper, SIGNED and sent as attachments via e-mail to TWAS and NCP. The subject line must contain NCP/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent in sealed envelopes by post. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted. The letters can be submitted either by the referee or by the applicant directly.
‣ Applicants to the TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send a copy of their application (by email) to TWAS and to NCP. (For NCP only, both hardcopy by post and soft copy by email).
‣ Click on the links below to download the application form and guidelines. Before applying it is recommended that you read very carefully the application guidelines for detailed information on eligibility criteria, deadlines and other key requirements of the
2016 PDoc application form 195.5 KB
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
• TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240 314
Fax: +39 040 2240 689
Collaboration & Academic Activities Department (CAAD)
National Centre for Physics (NCP)
Quaid-e-Azam University Campus, Shahdara Valley Road
Tel: +92 51 2077360
Fax: +92 51 2077395