TWAS-icipe Fellowship Program for for Visiting Scholars in Kenya , and applications are submitted till 15th September 2016. The International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe) is offering fellowship program for developing countries’ Scholars (other than Kenya). Fellowships are awarded for undertaking PhD or postdoctoral studies. Postdoctoral fellowships are tenable for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months at the departments of the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe). PhD fellowships will be awarded for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period of 12 months (for those registered for a PhD in a developing country) and for a period of up to 3 years (for those not registered for a PhD in their home country). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Kenya
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in the field of agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences and Chemical Sciences.
Deadline: 15th September 2016.
Funded By: The International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): TWAS-icipe Fellowship is targeted for Citizens of developing countries (other than Kenya) Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia,
Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for the fellowship.
‣ Award No: one fellowship each year to visiting scholars from developing countries (other than Kenya) who wish to pursue advanced research in natural sciences.
‣ Scholarship Duration: up to 3 months
‣ Scholarship covers: Icipe will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, Fellowship awardees are entitled to subsidized accommodation.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 September of each year.
‣Applicants should submit the acceptance letter from the chosen department to TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
‣ Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS only. The subject line must contain: icipe/VS/candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes.
‣ Applicants to the TWAS-icipe Visiting Scholar Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS only.
‣ Applicants should be aware that they can apply for only one fellowship per year. With the exception of the fellowships "for research collaboration", all other fellowship programmes offered by TWAS and TWOWS that are mutually exclusive.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th September 2016.
Click on the links below to download the application form and guidelines. Before applying it is recommended that you read very carefully the application guidelines for detailed information on eligibility criteria, deadlines and other key requirements of the application procedure.
TWAS Exchanges Office
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240330
Fax: +39 040 2240689
cipe's Strategic Partnerships & Capacity Strengthening Prog.
Mrs. Lilian Igweta, Training Officer
Capacity Building and Institutional Development (CB&ID) Programme
International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe)
Duduville, Kasarani – off Thika Road
P.O. Box 30772-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 20 863 2272
Fax: +254 20 863 2001/2
Contact email: email@example.com
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.