TWAS-ICCBS offers Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for Developing Countries (except Pakistan) in the field of organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology or physical chemistry at the International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences in Pakistan. ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Karachi | Italy, Pakistan
Level: Postdoctoral Degree
Field(s): organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology or physical chemistry at the International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences.
Deadline: 31st August each year.
Funded By: TWAS-ICCBS
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for students from Developing Countries (Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bissau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania,
Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Côte D’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Angola, Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, FYR, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Tunisia, Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro and Uruguay except Pakistan).
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration:TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowships are for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months tenable at the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS)– comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular and Drug Research.
‣ Scholarship covers: ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. Obtaining suitable health insurance is the candidate’s own responsibility and will be at his/her own expense. International travel (return economy class by the shortest route) and visa expenses will be covered by TWAS.
‣ For young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology or physical chemistry at the International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) — comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Centre for Molecular and Drug Research, Karachi, Pakistan.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to avail TWAS-ICCBS fellowships:
‣ Be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the year of application;
‣ Hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
‣ Be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
‣ Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
‣ Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
‣ Provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
‣ Provide an official Acceptance Letter from the supervisor or head of department at ICCBS (see sample Acceptance Letter included in the application form).
‣ Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS, Prof. M. I. Choudhary by e-mail (hej-at-cyber.net.pk or pcmd-at-cyber.net.pk) who will facilitate the assignment of a host supervisor.
‣ In contacting Prof. Choudhary applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with a copy of their CV and a research proposal outline;
‣ Provide evidence of proficiency in English.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from ICCBS when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection
‣ Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS. The subject line must contain: ICCBS/PDoc/candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters can be sent by post in sealed envelopes. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
‣ Applicants to the TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send one copy of their application to TWAS only (by post, fax or email). Please do not send a copy to ICCBS.
‣ The deadline for receipt of applications is 31 August each year.
‣ Click on the links below to download the application form and guidelines. Before applying it is recommended that you read very carefully the application guidelines for detailed information on eligibility criteria, deadlines and other key requirements of the application procedure.
TWAS Fellowships Office ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11 34151 Trieste, Italy Tel: +39 040 2240314 Fax: +39 040 2240689 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary, Director International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) University of Karachi Karachi-75270, Pakistan Tel: +92 21 4824 924, 4824 925 Fax: +92 21 4819 018, 4819 019 E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
‣ Successful candidates will be notified by February of the year following the application.
You may also like