TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training , and , applications are submitted till 1 October 2015. Applications are invited for TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training at a research institution in a developing country other than applicants’ home country. Eligible applicants for the fellowships are young scientists working in any area of natural sciences who are citizens of a developing country and are employed by a research institution in a developing country. TWAS covers international low-cost airfare plus a contribution towards subsistence amounting to a maximum of USD 300 per month. The host institution is expected to provide accommodation and food as well as research facilities. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Developing Countries (other than applicants’ home country)
Level: Fellowships are available to young scientists for research and advanced training.
Field(s): in any disciplines.
Deadline: 1 October 2015.
Funded By: TWAS, The World Academy of Sciences
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training is targeted for Students of developing countries (Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea?Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia,
Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe) can apply for these scholarships.
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: The fellowships are offered for a minimum of three months and a maximum of twelve months.
‣ Scholarship covers: TWAS covers international low-cost airfare plus a contribution towards subsistence amounting to a maximum of USD 300 per month. No other costs will be provided by TWAS. The host institution is expected to provide accommodation and food as well as research facilities.
‣ TWAS offers TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training to young scientists in developing countries to enable them to spend three to 12 months at a research institution in a developing country other than their own.
‣ The purpose of these fellowships is to enhance the research capacity of promising scientists, especially those at the beginning of their research career, helping them to foster links for further collaboration.
‣ Eligible applicants for the fellowships are young scientists working in any area of natural sciences who are citizens of a developing country and are employed by a research institution in a developing country.
‣ There is no age limit. However, preference is given to young scientists at the beginning of their research career and those working in Least Developed Countries.
‣ Institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China, are not eligible host institutions under this programme. Applicants interested in conducting a fellowship in China are required to check whether their chosen host is a CAS institute. Applicants wishing to attend a CAS institute should either apply to the CAS-TWAS President’s Postgraduate Fellowship Programme or consider the CAS Fellowships for Postdoctoral and Visiting Scholars from Developing Countries.
Selection Criteria for TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training
‣ Fellowships are awarded by the TWAS Fellowships Committee on the basis of scientific merit.
‣ Applications should be completed in English. Part 1 of the application form should be completed by the applicant and the head of the applicant’s HOME institution, and sent to the TWAS secretariat.
‣ Material requested:
the completed application form;
passport-style photograph as a separate JPEG file;
copy of passport page giving personal details (even if expired);
the applicant’s curriculum vitae;
full list of publications (do not enclose reprints of articles!);
letters of recommendation submitted separately to TWAS by two referees who are familiar with the applicant’s work.
‣ Part 2 must be sent by the applicant to the head of the institution he/she intends to visit, together with a copy of Part 1 (for information).
‣ Part 2 should then be completed by the head of the host institution and sent to the TWAS secretariat.
‣ NB: Applications cannot be considered unless Part 2 has been completed by the head of the host institute. Only for applicants selecting the S.N.
‣ Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, India, as their host choice: please direct the request for Part 2 to Prof. Chakrabarti (Dean, Academic Programme by email: deanap-at-bose.res.in), accompanying your request with a copy of your CV, research proposal and two reference letters.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due Date: The deadline for receipt of applications (Parts 1 and 2) is 1 October of each year.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.