TWAS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Mexico, and applications are submitted till 15th September 2016.TWAS and CONACYT are inviting applications for TWAS-CONACYT postdoctoral fellowship programme. Fellowships are available for young scientists from developing countries (other than Mexico) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural sciences. Fellowships cover standard monthly allowance (living costs, such as accommodation and food) and a fixed amount for mandatory health insurance coverage. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at research centers and institutions of higher education and research in Mexico | Mexico
Level: Postdoctoral Research
Field(s): natural sciences (Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physics).
Deadline: 15th September 2016.
Funded By: TWAS and The National Council for Science and Technology (CONACyT)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 TWAS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for Citizens of developing countries (other than Mexico): Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Iran, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Malaysia, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru,
Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: 2015 TWAS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at research centers and institutions of higher education and research in Mexico recognized by CONACYT, for a minimum period of six to a maximum period of twelve months and are awarded to scientists from developing countries (other than Mexico) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences and related fields.
‣ Scholarship covers: TWAS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Fellowships will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food. CONACYT will also provide a fixed amount for mandatory health insurance coverage
TWAS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at research centers and institutions of higher education and research in Mexico recognized by CONACYT, for a minimum period of six to a maximum period of twelve months and are awarded to scientists from developing countries (other than Mexico) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences and related fields.
‣ All major public and private institutions of higher education and research centers in Mexico are recognized by CONACYT. More information can be provided by the CONACYT’s contact person indicated below.
‣ CONACYT will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
‣ CONACYT will also provide a fixed amount for mandatory health insurance coverage.
‣ Important: Successful applicants must obtain a temporal resident student visa before arriving to Mexico, in order to receive the fellowship. CONACYT will not provide the fellowship to grantees travelling to Mexico on a tourist visa
‣ Hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
‣ Apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
‣ Be nationals of a developing country (other than Mexico);
‣ Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Mexico or any developed country;
‣ Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Mexico) and hold a research assignment there;
‣ Provide an official Acceptance Letter from the Mexican institution recognized by CONACYT (see sample Acceptance Letter, page 5). N.B. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen host institution(s), and NOT to CONACYT; a sample Acceptance Letter is included in the application form which can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of the page.
‣ Prove knowledge of Spanish or provide a certificate of proficiency in English (if these languages are not the candidate’s mother tongue).
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 September.
‣ Applicants should submit the acceptance letter from an eligible Mexican host institution to TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest.
‣ Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachment via e-mail directly to TWAS.
‣ The subject line must contain: CONACYT/PDoc/the candidate’s surname.Applicants to the TWAS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application only to TWAS.
‣ Applicants should be aware that they may apply for only one TWAS fellowship per year.
‣ Applicants should be aware that they can apply for only one fellowship per year.
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240 314
Fax: +39 040 2240 689
Mtro. Rodrigo Bueno Romo
Subdirector de Cooperación Científica Internacional
Dirección de Planeación de Ciencia
Dirección Adjunta de Desarrollo Científico
2016 PDoc application form195.5 KB
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 September 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.