TWAS-CIIT Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in pakistan , and applications are submitted till : 31 August of each year. TWAS-CIIT Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments and laboratories of the COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT) for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months. NEW- CIIT-TWAS PDoc Fellowships are also offered in the following social and economic sciences - Development Studies, International Economics, Development Economics, Education and Science Education, Gender Studies, International Relations, Political Science. CIIT will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. The language of instruction is English. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): |pakistan
Level: Postdoctoral Fellowship
Deadline: 31 August of each year.
Funded By: TWAS-CIIT
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): TWAS-CIIT Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural or social sciences. These include : Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Iran, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Malaysia, Federated States of Micronesia,
Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru , , Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Mexico, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships.
‣ No. of awards: not specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months
‣Value of Scholarship : TWAS-CIIT Postdoctoral Fellowship covers a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. Obtaining suitable health insurance is the candidate’s own responsibility and will be at his/her own expense. International travel (return economy class by the shortest route) and visa expenses will be covered by TWAS.
TWAS-CIIT Postdoctoral Fellowship is tenable in the departments and laboratories of the COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT) for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months.
NEW- CIIT-TWAS PDoc Fellowships are also offered in the following social and economic sciences - Development Studies, International Economics, Development Economics, Education and Science Education, Gender Studies, International Relations, Political Science.
CIIT will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
The language of instruction is English.
‣ be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
‣ must not be on site in Pakistan;
‣ must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
‣ hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
‣ IF applying in a field of eligible social sciences, hold a PhD degree in a field of social sciences;
‣ apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree,
‣ be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
‣ provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
‣ provide an official Acceptance Letter from CIIT (see sample Acceptance Letter in guidelines). Requests for acceptance must be sent to Dr. Tariq-Ur-Rahman, (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Dr. Tariq-Ur-Rahman, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline;
‣ provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
‣ provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
‣ not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
‣ be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The call for applications is open until 31 August of each year.
‣ Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from CIIT when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection.
‣ Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper, SIGNED and sent as attachments via e-mail to TWAS and CIIT. The subject line must contain CIIT/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. The letters can be submitted either by the referee or by the applicant directly;
‣ Applicants to the 2016 TWAS-CIIT Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send a copy of their application (by e-mail) to both TWAS and CIIT.
‣ Click on the links below to download the application form and guidelines. Before applying it is recommended that you read very carefully the application guidelines for detailed information on eligibility criteria, deadlines and other key requirements of the
2016 PDoc application form 195.5 KB
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
• TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240 314 Fax: +39 040 2240 689
• COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT)
Dr. Tariq-Ur-Rahman, Advisor (German Desk), International Office
Park Road, Chak Shahzad
Tel: (+9251) 9049 5272
Fax: (+9251) 924 7010