TWAS-CEMB Fellowship Program in Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology in Pakistan , and applications are submitted till 31st August 2014. TWAS and the National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology (CEMB) in Lahore, Pakistan are offering fellowship opportunities for developing countries’ scholars. CEMB will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs, such as food, accommodation and health insurance. Sandwich option is available. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Pakistan
Level: Research at postgraduate (PhD) and postdoctoral level.
Field(s): molecular biology and molecular genetics.
Deadline: 31st August 2014.
Funded By: TWAS and The National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): TWAS-CEMB Fellowship Program is targeted for Citizens of Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for this fellowship program.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: TWAS-CEMB Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at departments of the National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology (CEMB) for a period of up to 4 years for studies leading to a PhD degree in: molecular biology, molecular genetics, plant molecular biology or medical molecular biology. TWAS-CEMB Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at departments of the National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology (CEMB) for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months in the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, plant molecular biology or medical molecular biology.
‣ Scholarship covers: TWAS-CEMB Fellowship will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs, such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
‣ For young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue PhD and postdoctoral research in molecular biology and molecular genetics at the National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology (CEMB) in Lahore, Pakistan.
‣ Be a maximum age of 35 years for PhD and 45 years for postdoctoral on 31 December of the application year.
‣ Be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan).
‣ Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country.
‣ Hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences. -Provide evidence of proficiency in English.
‣ Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from CEMB when applying or by the deadline at the latest.
‣ Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
‣ Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS and CEMB.
‣ The subject line must contain: CEMB/PG/candidate’s surname.
‣ Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes. Only signed reference letters can be accepted. Applicants to the TWAS-CEMB Postgraduate Fellowship Programme should send one copy of their application (by email) to TWAS and one copy (hard copy only) to CEMB.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st August 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.