TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Thailand , and applications are submitted till 15th September 2014. TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for young scientists from developing countries. Fellowships are available for young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand. Fellowship is providing a standard monthly allowance which covers living costs, such as accommodation and food. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Thailand
Level: Postdoctoral Research
Field(s): Biotechnology (Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology and Biological Systems and Organisms).
Deadline: 15th September 2014.
Funded By: TWAS-Biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for Citizens of developing countries (other than Thailand ): Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Iran, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Malaysia, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru
, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Mexico, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology.
‣ Scholarship covers: BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
‣ For young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) who wish to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
‣ Be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
‣ Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
‣ Hold a PhD degree in any of the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology and bioinformatics and related disciplines.
‣ Apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in the fields indicated above.
‣ Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Thailand) and hold a research assignment there.
‣ Provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to BIOTEC Research Unit Coordination Division who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor.
‣ Provide evidence of proficiency in English.
‣ Applicants are required to submit the Acceptance Letter from to BIOTEC Research Unit Coordination Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
‣ Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachment via e-mail directly to TWAS and BIOTEC. The subject line must contain: TWAS-BIOTEC/PDoc/candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes.
‣ Applicants for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS and BIOTEC.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 September 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.