Turkish Government Scholarships for International Students , and applications are submitted till 31st March 2017. Applications are invited for Turkish Government scholarships available for international students to undertake undergraduate, master or PhD programmes at the prestigious Turkish universities. All scholarships winners who do not have C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are placed into English or French-taught programmes) must attend 1-year Turkish Preparatory Course. Applicants will be placed in a university and programme among their preferences specified in the online application form. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at the prestigious Turkish universities | Turkey
Field(s): all subjects.
Deadline: 31st March 2017
Funded By: Turkish Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Turkish Government Scholarships are targeted for International students
‣ Award No: About 4.000 new scholarships (including other scholarships) awarded each year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: -Undergraduate: 1 year Turkish Language course + 4, 5 or 6 years depending on the official normal duration of the programme ; Master’s: 1 year Turkish Language course + 2 years ; PhD: 1 year Turkish Language course + 4 years
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship covers:
‣ Türkiye Scholarships are government-funded, competitive scholarships, awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside Turkey to pursue a full-time degree and short-term programmes at prestigious universities in Turkey.
‣ Candidates can apply only one scholarship programme in accordance with their educational background and academic goals.
‣ Turkey Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time.
‣ Applicants will be placed in a university and programme among their preferences specified in the online application form. Most programmes in Turkish universities are instructed in Turkish.
‣ However, some departments and universities offer programmes in English or French. The candidates who want to study in these languages need to have an internationally recognized certificate to prove their language proficiency.
‣ Also, most of these foreign language programmes may ask international admission test scores such as GRE, GMAT etc.
‣ Candidates can check the language of instruction while selecting the programmes. All Turkey Scholarships winners who do not have C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are placed into English or French-taught programmes) must attend 1-year Turkish Preparatory Course.
‣ Art and Sport Scholarship Programmes, available for the first time this year, is specifically designed to encourage the skilled international students in the fields of art and sport to study at undergraduate, master or PhD (proficiency in art) degree levels in the prestigious Turkish universities with opportunities of Turkey Scholarships.
‣ Applicants selected to be funded take one-year Turkish Language Course covered by scholarship.
‣ Subsequently, they have to receive an acceptance from the relevant faculties of Turkish universities.
‣ Applicants are expected to have documents (official certificate, portfolio, etc.) to prove their success in the field they apply for.
‣ be a citizen of a country other than Turkey (Anyone holding or ever held Turkish citizenship before cannot apply),
‣ not be a registered student in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying,
‣ be have graduated or are likely to graduate from a secondary education institution,
‣ be under the age of 21 (no earlier than 01.01.1994),
‣ have at least specified (% 90 for medical sciences, % 70 for other undergraduate programs) cumulative grade point average, diploma grade, national exam or international exam score,
‣ be in good health
To be eligible for Postgraduate Programmes, applicants must;
‣ be a citizen of a country other than Turkey (Anyone holding or ever held Turkish citizenship before cannot apply)
‣ not be a registered student in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying.
‣ be a bachelor’s or master’s degree holder by 30th of July 2016 at the latest
‣ be under the age of 30 for master’s programmes (no earlier than 01.01.1985)
‣ be under the age of 35 for doctorate programmes (no earlier than 01.01.1980)
‣ have at least 75 % cumulative grade point average or diploma grade over their maximum graduation grade or have at least 75 % success in any accepted national or international graduate admissions test.
‣ be in good health
Selection Criteria for Turkish Government Scholarships
‣ Türkiye Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis. Applications are assessed on
the basis of good academic standing, leadership potential, a commitment to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies and a good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and the academic programme applied.
‣ Applicants may track the status of their applications and all the updates on Türkiye Scholarships Information System (TSIS) where they submit their applications.
‣ Applicants are also informed of the outcome of their applications usually 30 days after the interview through e-mail.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications will only be made at www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr. Candidates are required to submit/upload their applications and/or documents requested from them into the applications system.
Applications delivered by hand or post will not be accepted.
‣ Using one form, candidates apply for both scholarship and admission to their chosen university and programme.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st March 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.