Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships for International and Canadian Students , and applications are submitted till 9 December 2016 Applications are invited for Trudeau Foundation doctoral scholarships available for outstanding doctoral candidates who are enrolled or about to be enrolled in a social sciences and humanities program at a Canadian university. Up to 15 new scholars are announced each year for doctoral scholarships. The annual value is up to $60,000 per scholar (including an annual travel allowance of $20,000) for up to four years.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Level: Doctoral candidates who are enrolled or about to be enrolled at a Canadian university
Field(s): Fields of research
Humanities and social sciences, and specifically one or more of the following areas:
Deadline: 8 December 2017
Funded By: The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation, Canada
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships are targeted for Canadian and international students can apply for these scholarships. The Foundation favours applications from students of developing countries.
‣ Award No: Up to 15 new Scholars are announced each year in May.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are awarded for up to four years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The annual value is up to $60,000 per Scholar (including an annual travel allowance of $20,000) for up to four years
‣ Each year, the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation rewards outstanding doctoral candidates who are enrolled or about to be enrolled in a social sciences and humanities program and who are doing research in areas related to our four themes.
‣ These Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships award, the most prestigious of its type in Canada, has continuously attracted the very best scholars in the social sciences and humanities, individuals with a passion for public engagement and who are likely to become leading national and international figures.
‣ The award supports interdisciplinary research and original fieldwork by providing a substantial yearly allowance for research and travel, enabling the Scholars to gain first-hand contact with the diverse communities that can enrich their studies.
‣ Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a Canadian university or
‣ Be a Canadian citizen applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a foreign university or
‣ Be a foreign national [with a preference for candidates from the developing world] applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a Canadian university
‣ Present a research project linked to one of the four themes of the Foundation
‣ Be nominated by a university
Selection Criteria for Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships
‣ Have a track record of academic achievements at the level of the highest standards of the world’s most prestigious doctoral scholarship programs
‣ Possess exceptional skills that will enable the scholar to engage in lively exchange with other researchers
‣ Intend to work in an area related to one or more of the Foundation’s four themes and have an expressed desire to contribute to public dialogue
‣ Successful applicants will be notified in Early February 2018. Notification of selected candidates Late April 2018 & Official announcement of 2018 scholars Early June 2018
‣ Digital applications must be presented in the following order: application form, letter of nomination from the university, two letters of reference from academic referees, one letter from a non-academic referee, and transcripts from CEGEP to doctoral (or master’s) level.
‣ One PDF file per candidate. Each application must be saved and named as follows: LASTNAME first name (all in one word, no space, no special character, extension.pdf).
‣ Each application must be digitalized in black and white, and do not exceed 300 dpi.
‣ The applications must be sent by email at competition-at-trudeaufoundation.ca or printed applications must be submitted by post.
‣ Original documents are not required at this stage. Please do not send a print application to the Foundation if the university has submitted your application electronically.
‣ If required, the Foundation will ask the short-listed candidates to submit their original application documents. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : 8 December 2017
Finalists invited for interviews-Early March 2018
Interviews with finalists in Montréal-Mid-March 2018
Person in charge
firstname.lastname@example.org (technical questions)
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.