TRANSMIC PhD Research Position in Law and Political Science, Portugal, and applications are submitted till 20th June 2014. The TRANSMIC project funded under the European Commission’s Marie Curie actions is inviting applications for PhD Researcher Position. Applicants will work on a project concerning transnational migration, postcolonial ties and mobility partnerships between the EU and third countries. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country):Law School of the University of Minho | Portugal
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Law and Political Science
Deadline: 20th June 2014
Funded By: TRANSMIC is a project funded under the European Commission’s Marie Curie actions.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): TRANSMIC PhD Research Position in Law and Political Science is targeted for International students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: PhD Researcher Position will be available for the duration of 3 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Candidates will be paid in accordance with national standards. Depending on their experience and qualifications, the monthly salary will about € 1.636,83 gross a month (based on a full-time appointment). You will be entitled to a mobility allowance of € 614.60 gross a month. Each year the standard salary is supplemented with a holiday allowance of 100% and an end-of-year bonus of 100%.
‣ In the framework of the TRANSMIC project, the Law School of the University of Minho is recruiting a PhD researcher, for a period of three years, to work on a project concerning transnational migration, postcolonial ties and mobility partnerships between the EU and third countries.
‣ Applicants must have a Master Degree in Law, preferably with a background in European Union Law, Migration Law and/or Private International Law.
‣ Applicants should have an excellent command of English (Academic IELTS score of 7.5 or higher; or TOEFL Internet-based test score of 113 or higher).
‣ In light of the mobility requirements set by the European Commission for this project, you must NOT have lived in Portugal for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to taking up the position.
‣ It is the policy of the TRANSMIC project to increase the number of women employed. Also members of ethnic minority groups and handicapped people are explicitly invited to apply.
‣ Applicants will be enrolled in the Law School of the University of Minho and will be co-supervised by Prof. Patrícia Jerónimo Vink (University of Minho) and by Prof. Maarten Vink (Maastricht University).
‣ Applicants can apply electronically at ppmj-at-direito.uminho.pt Candidates are invited to submit their application along with:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 20th June 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.