Toshiba Fellowship Programme (TFP) for EU Applicants in Japan, and applications are submitted till Friday 22nd December 2017. Applications are invited for Toshiba Fellowship Programme (TFP) available for EU applicants. Fellowship is available for recently qualified PhD level scientists, mainly from science, computing and mathematics disciplines. Applicants must have completed their PhD by the time they begin the Fellowship in Japan. The successful Fellow will receive a generous package, including relocation assistance to and from Japan, together with support and advice prior to and during their stay. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Japan
Level: Research Programme
Field(s): ICT research, media technologies research, software research, materials and device research and other research topics.
Deadline:Friday 22nd December 2017
Funded By: Toshiba Research Europe Ltd.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Toshiba Fellowship Programme is targeted for International Students: Fellowship is open only for EU nationality applicants.
(Be based in a UK academic or Government institution at the time of application (studying or working))
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: The successful Fellow receives a generous package, including relocation assistance to and from Japan, together with support and advice prior to and during their stay.
‣ The TFP is a unique opportunity for recently qualified PhD level scientists, mainly from science, computing and mathematics disciplines.
‣ It offers a chance to journey alongside Toshiba into innovation, discovering a new world of research and development, as well as exploring and living a new cultural experience in Japan.
‣ Toshiba Fellowship Programme Fellows nurture cross-cultural understanding between the UK, Europe and Japan whilst benefiting from working in our highly innovative and research-centred organisation, in a country renowned for its world class technology.
‣ Every Toshiba Fellow has a real possibility to contribute to our future technologies. Participating in our scheme leads to both career development and personal growth.
‣ Be of EU nationality ;
‣ Be based in a UK academic or Government institution at the time of application (studying or working)
‣ Have no more than 10 year’s post-Doctoral experience
‣ Have completed their PhD by the time they begin the Fellowship in Japan.
‣ Candidates should register their interest here. Candidates will then be sent a paper application form that should be submitted by Friday 22nd December 2017.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: Applications for the 2018 Toshiba Fellowship Programme are now open and application deadline is Friday 22nd December 2017
Here is a basic outline of the application and selection timeline for the Toshiba Fellowship Programme 2018:
From 1st November 2017
■ Applicants may register their interest via the website.
■ Eligible applicants are sent a paper application form.
22nd December 2017
■ Deadline for submitting completed paper application forms and supporting documentation.
Early February 2018
■ Applicants are advised of the outcome of the assessment of application forms.
■ Short-listed candidates are invited to interview.
■ Panel interviews for short-listed candidates take place in London.
■ Interview candidates are notified of the outcome.
Between October 2018 and March 2019
■ Successful candidate(s) start their Toshiba Fellowship in Japan.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.