TOEFL Scholarship Program is offered for Japanese students for 2013 academic year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Japan and Abroad
Level: Undergraduate or Graduate Degree
Field(s): all courses offered by the universities
Funded by: Educational Testing Service (ETS)
Deadline: April 30, 2013
Beneficiaries(Target Group):TOEFL Scholarship Program is Open for Japanese students.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: Educational Testing Service (ETS) is offering 14 TOEFL Scholarships for excellent Japanese students.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fourteen US$3,000 T Scholarships will be awarded to TOEFL test takers in Japan
‣ For the third consecutive year, Educational Testing Service (ETS), the creator of the TOEFL® test, announced the launch of the T Scholarship Program in Japan.
‣ The scholarship program honors TOEFL test takers in Japan who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement.
‣ ETS will recognize 14 deserving students by awarding a total of US$42,000 in funding for undergraduate or graduate study in Japan and/or overseas for the 2013 academic school year.”
‣ The English language continues to be the preferred international language of choice for both academic and business purposes worldwide,” commented Walt MacDonald, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, ETS. “ETS is very pleased to announce the 2013 Toe. Scholarship Program in Japan to offer higher education opportunities for dedicated students.
‣ We look forward to recognizing the outstanding achievement of the 2013 scholarship recipients.”
Candidates must meet the following criteria to avail TOEFL Scholarship Program.
‣ currently live in Japan
‣ complete the online scholarship application and upload academic transcripts ;
‣ hold a grade point average of 80 or higher on a 100-point scale, or a 3.0 grade point average or higher on a 4-point scale -begin an undergraduate or graduate degree in 2013 at a college or university listed in the TOEFL® Destinations Directory(PDF)(http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/TOEFL/pdf/univ0708.pdf);
‣ have a valid TOEFL test score used as a requirement for admission into an undergraduate or graduate program
‣ demonstrate effective leadership skills and an overall well-rounded portfolio with extracurricular activities, including community service;
The TO. Scholarship Program rewards students who have high academic achievement as well as:
‣ ability to communicate in English
‣ demonstrated leadership skills -participation in extracurricular activities, such as community service ‣ innovative ideas as reflected in essays.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online
‣ Applicants should be sure to upload their transcripts into the system.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due 30 April 2013.
‣ Winners will be notified in May 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
If you have questions email us at email@example.com.
Administered by ETS Scholarship & Recognition Programs.
You may also like