Timothy Costello Adelphi University College Awards are offered for undergraduate university college students in USA. Full details:
‣ Thirty years ago, Timothy Costello, then president of Adelphi University, supported the creation of the ABLE program, now University College, to help working adults to obtain their college degrees.
‣ Then, as now, the economic climate was uncertain and a college degree was a critical asset for career advancement and a tool to ensure flexibility in an unpredictable job market.
‣ To make your decision to invest in higher education just a bit easier, Adelphi University is pleased to announce the establishment of the “Timothy C. University College Award” for University College students.
School(Institutions/ Country): Adelphi University | USA
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): courses offered by Adelphi University
Funded By: Adelphi University
Deadline: November 1, 2013
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Timothy Costello Adelphi University College Awards are Open for students of USA.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: not specified.
‣ Scholarship Covers: These awards are $2,000 per year for full-time (12 or more credits per semester) undergraduate study and $1,000 per year for part-time (6-11 credits per semester) undergraduate study.
Adelphi Timothy Costello University College Award for the Fall and Spring semesters of the 2013-2014 academic year and subsequent years is contingent on applicant’s fulfillment of the following requirements:
‣ applicants are enrolled in full-time study at Adelphi University (a minimum of twelve credits per semester) in a flat rate tuition program leading to a bachelor’s degree;
‣ must continue your course of study within University College;
‣ applicants maintain a grade-point average of 2.0 or higher each semester while enrolled in courses leading to a bachelor’s degree at Adelphi University;
‣ this award may be applied to Fall and Spring semesters of study only.
The University reserves the right to revoke this award based on academic or behavioral violations. ‣ All scholarship recipients who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents are encouraged to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually with the U.S.
‣ Department of Education regardless of expected eligibility for financial assistance. Indeed, your scholarship itself may be increased as a result.
‣ You will receive a financial assistance award notification form from the Office of Student Financial Services approximately 6-8 weeks after you file the FAFSA.
‣ At that time you will also be informed of all instructions that may apply to your scholarship or other financial assistance.
‣ This award may be readjusted once your eligibility for federal, state, and other institutional aid has been determined. Students that do not meet the eligible citizenship requirements as noted on the FAFSA are not required to file.
‣ The amount of your award is fixed and will not be increased due to changes in tuition and fees that may occur, or future academic performance.
‣ After filing for financial assistance, you will receive an award letter from the Office of Student Financial Services that will reflect all assistance you have been awarded.
‣ This award and the amount of your award supercede any other scholarship or grant offer you may have previously received from Adelphi. After filing for financial assistance, you will receive an award letter from the Office of Student Financial Services that will reflect all assistance you have been awarded.
‣ Your scholarship may only be used for tuition at Adelphi University. If you receive federal, state, or other assistance, your scholarship may be reduced to ensure that the combined funds do not exceed the cost of tuition at Adelphi University.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ The mode of applying is online. Students applying for financial assistance must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
‣ Scholarship Application due date: A student must first file an admissions application and then complete and file the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1, but no later than November 1 for spring to ensure maximum eligibility.
‣ Eligible students will receive a financial assistance award summary stating the amount of the award.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like