The United Nations International Law Fellowship Programme in Netherlands, and applications are submitted till1st December 2014. United Nations offers international law fellowship programme which will be held at the Peace Palace in the Hague, Netherlands , from 22 June to 31 July 2015 . The 2015 Programme will be conducted in English. The Fellowship Programme is open for qualified professionals, in particular government officials and teachers of international law from developing countries and countries with emerging economies to deepen their knowledge of international law. The Fellowship Programme consists of a six-week summer course. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Netherlands
Level: The United Nations International Law Fellowship Programme consists of a six-week summer course at the Peace Palace in The Hague, Netherlands.
Field(s): the Fellowship Programme provides high-quality training by leading scholars and practitioners on a broad range of core subjects of international law. The topics that will be covered in the seminars and lectures organized by the Codification Division may include: Introduction to international law, Treaty law, State responsibility, International peace and security, Peaceful settlement of international disputes, Diplomatic and consular law, International organizations, International human rights law, Movements of persons, International humanitarian law, International criminal law, International environmental law, Law of the sea, International trade law and International investment law.
Deadline: 1st December 2014.
Funded By: Codification Division of the United Nations Office of Legal Affairs
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): The United Nations International Law Fellowship is targeted for Applicants from developing countries and countries with emerging economies can apply.
‣ Award No: The Fellowship Programme accommodates up to 30 participants.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Fellowship Programme consists of a six-week summer course at the Peace Palace in The Hague, Netherlands.
‣ Scholarship covers: The fellowships cover the fellowship recipient’s travel costs in economy class, accommodation, medical insurance, participation in the Fellowship Programme, the training material and the registration fee for The Hague Academy of International Law. In accordance with the policies and procedures governing the administration of United Nations fellowships, participants will also receive a stipend to cover other living expenses.
‣ The United Nations International Law Fellowship Programme is organized by the Codification Division of the United Nations Office of Legal Affairs.
‣ The Fellowship Programme provides high-quality training by leading scholars and practitioners on a broad range of core subjects of international law.
‣ In addition, the interactive nature of the training allows the participants to share experiences and exchange ideas, which promotes greater understanding and cooperation on contemporary issues of international law.
‣ The Fellowship Programme is intended to enable qualified professionals, in particular government officials and teachers of international law from developing countries and countries with emerging economies, to deepen their knowledge of international law and of the legal work of the United Nations and its associated bodies. The 2015 programme will be conducted in English.
‣ They must have a legal background with professional experience in the field of international law.
‣ The selected participants are required to submit a medical certificate of good health and to certify that they are able to attend the entire course period.
Selection Criteria for The United Nations International Law Fellowship
‣ When selecting participants for the Fellowship Programme, due consideration is given to the candidates’ qualifications, to the scope of their professional duties, to the relevance of the training to their professional duties, geographical distribution and gender balance.
‣ Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged. Due consideration will also be given to candidates from Member States which did not have a fellowship recipient attend the Fellowship Programme in the previous years.
‣ The application should be sent by email to: ilfp-at-un.org.
‣ Complete the application form in French, typewritten. Answers should be clear and as detailed as possible. If you need extra space, you may attach additional pages. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
‣ The “Letter of Transmission” must be completed and signed by a senior official of the institution that presents the candidate’s application.
‣ A candidate whose mother tongue or language of instruction is not French must submit evidence of his/her ability to attend and participate in lectures and seminars conducted in French (e.g., diploma of courses conducted in French, language test certificate, extensive work experience in French).
‣ Two versions of the application form must be submitted: (1) One scanned copy of the signed original (for example in pdf, tif, or jpg) (2) One electronic version (MS Word or equivalent) of the application.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1st December 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.