The Nippon Foundation is funding thirty Asian Peace builders Scholarships (APS) which offer specialized language training for candidates with intermediate and advanced levels of English proficiency and includes MA Coursework in an area related to peace building (11 specializations available), MA Coursework with an Asian perspective and the design and implementation of an 8-week intensive field project. Full details:
School(Institutions/Country): Costa Rica and Philippines
Level: Master’s Degree
Field(s): language training for candidates with intermediate and advanced levels of English proficiency and includes MA Coursework in an area related to peace building (11 specializations available), MA Coursework with an Asian perspective and the design and implementation of an 8-week intensive field project.
Funded By: The Nippon Foundation, the UN Mandated University for Peace (UPEACE), and Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU)
Deadline: 8th September 2013.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for Students all over Asia: Afghanistan, Bahrain , Bangladesh ,Bhutan ,Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea North, Korea South, Kuwait Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon Malaysia
, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Oman Pakistan, The Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Yemen can apply for this scholarship (but preference will be given tothose countries where English is not widely spoken, particularly: Japan, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, Cambodia, Sri Lanka and the Philippines.
‣ Award No: Thirty admitted applicants will be granted a full scholarship, provided by the Nippon Foundation.
‣ Scholarship Duration: This 18 – 21 months (depending on English proficiency) intensive academic programme begins in March 2013.
‣ Scholarship Covers: This includes all tuition fees, the language-training module, academic materials, air travel, living expenses and basic insurance during the period of studies.
‣ The Asian Peace builders Scholarship (APS), a Dual Campus Master of Arts Programme, is a shared initiative of The Nippon Foundation, the UN Mandated University for Peace (UPEACE), and Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU).
‣ The objective of the programme is to train young Asian professionals to become peace building practitioners, ready to take up leading positions in their organizations.
‣ The APS offers theoretical and practical post graduate education to young Asian professionals from diverse cultures and backgrounds, providing them with a deep understanding of the central issues of peace building.
‣ Participants will broaden their knowledge base and will be able to engage with the major concepts, themes and debates within peace studies, preparing themselves for work with NGOs, governments, aid agencies, the UN and other organizations.
‣ Furthermore, this programme empowers participants to conceptualize the key challenges faced by the international community, as well as the most promising potential areas and courses of action through an interdisciplinary and multicultural perspective.
The Nippon Foundation Asian Peace builders Scholarship applications are accepted from students all over Asia, with preference given to students who:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants must submit the following documents by 8 September 2013.
‣ Please read the guidelines carefully to determine which documentation is needed.
‣ Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due by: Deadline: Applicants must submit the following documents by 8th September 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, 2014, Nippon, Asia, Scholarship