The Alborada Trust funding Cambridge-Africa Alborada research fund grants for principal investigators in the University of Cambridge to apply jointly with a partner in a Sub-Saharan African university or research institution. Full details:
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: not specified.
‣ Scholarship Covers: Amounts for eligible activities that will be considered include: - research costs (including reagents, fieldwork and equipment: £1,000-20,000) - travel funds for exchange visits (up to £2,500) - research training activities (e.g. setting up a course/workshop in Africa: up to £5,000)
School(Institutions/ Country): Sub-Saharan Africa institutions and Cambridge University(UK)|
Field(s): research across all disciplines.
Funded By: The Alborada Trust
Deadline: 1st May 2013.
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Alborada Trust is open for researchers from Sub-Sahara African institutions and the University of Cambridge
‣ The Alborada Trust fund Programme currently works in partnership with African universities and research institutes in Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
‣ Current initiatives of the CiA Programme include innovative research capacity building and knowledge-exchange programmes such as MUII (Makerere University-UVRI Infection and Immunity Research Training Programme) and THRiVE (Training Health Researchers into Vocational Excellence in East Africa), both sponsored by the Wellcome Trust.
‣ The Cambridge in Africa Programme is inviting applications from principal investigators in the University of Cambridge to apply jointly with a partner in a Sub-Saharan African university or research institution, for grants from the Cambridge-Africa Alborada Trust Research Fund.
‣ Researchers from Sub-Sahara African institutions and the University of Cambridge, across all disciplines are eligible to apply.
‣ Priority will be given to proposals that have the potential to develop future joint African-Cambridge applications to UK and International funders.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ Applications should be completed and submitted online.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The closing date for receipt of Africa research grant applications is Wednesday 1st May 2013.
‣ All applicants will be informed (by email) about the outcome of their application within one month after the closing date.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like