TGCL Postgraduate Scholarship. DAAD the German Foreign Office within the programme Aktion Afrika is funding limited number of LLM and PhD scholarship. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Tanzania and Germany
Level: Postgraduate Degree
Deadline: 15 January 2014.
Funded By: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the German Foreign Office within the programme “Establishment of Centers of Excellence for Teaching and Research to Train Future Leaders in SubSaharan Africa
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): TGCL Postgraduate Scholarship is targeted for
Students of East African Community (EAC) Partner States (i.e. Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda).
‣ Award No: A limited number of scholarships are available for LLM and PhD students admitted to the programmes.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The LLM scholarship covers a period of one year, and the PhD scholarship a period of three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarships cover university fees, health insurance, the cost of living (including miscellaneous charges) of 2,400/3,000 EUR per annum for Tanzanians/Non-Tanzanians. Furthermore, a lump sum of 460 EUR for LLM and 920 EUR for PhD will be paid for the cost of research.
‣ The TGCL postgraduate study programmes are conducted at the University Of Dar es Salaam School of Law.
‣ The LLM candidates will pursue a programme consisting of course work and a dissertation with an East African regional and comparative perspective. Students will be admitted to the LLM programme in Regional Integration and EAC Law.
‣ The LLM dissertation should focus on EAC law in relation to the student’s own national law, particularly (but not exclusively) in thematic fields related to the areas of cooperation under the EAC Treaty.
‣ PhD candidates in their theses should compare two or more national laws, which deal with thematic fields related to the areas of cooperation under the EAC Treaty.
To avail TGCL Postgraduate Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ The requirements for admission to the LLM and PhD programmes are for the LLM programme a Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher legal education, and for the PhD programme an excellent LLM degree from a recognized institution.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply electronically or by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 January 2014.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like