Terra Foundation Research Travel Grants for International Scholars, USA , and applications are submitted till January 15, 2018.The Terra Foundation invites applications for research travel grants from doctoral students and postdoctoral and senior scholars outside the United States. These grants enable scholars to consult resources that are only available within the United States. Nine to thirteen grants are awarded annually. Travel should be undertaken within one calendar year after the announcement of the selection results. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
are available to doctoral students and postdoctoral and senior
scholars for short-term research travel.
provide support for research on topics concerning American art and
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Terra Foundation Research Travel Grants are targeted for international scholars (except USA).
‣ Award No: Nine to thirteen grants are awarded annually (up to 5 grants are specifically dedicated to scholars from Asia, Africa, and South America).
will be disbursed in two installments. The first installment (80% of
the total grant) is paid before the recipient’s departure to the
United States. The second installment (up to 20% of the total grant)
is paid to the recipient after receipt of the final report.
to thirteen grants are awarded annually as follows:
-Up to $6,000 per grant for doctoral students from Europe, North America, Australia, and New Zealand;
-Up to $7,000 per grant for doctoral students from Asia, Africa, and South America; and
-Up to $9,000 per grant for all postdoctoral and senior scholars.
Funds can be used for related transportation, lodging, meals, and research fees and expenses. They cannot be used for the purchase of computers or other equipment.
Foundation Research Travel Grants provide support for research on
topics concerning American art and visual culture prior to 1980.
These grants enable scholars outside the United States to consult
resources that are only available within the United States.
‣ Travel should be undertaken within one calendar year after the announcement of the selection results.
‣ Final report must be submitted within three months of completion of travel. It should include a description of the travel undertaken as a result of the grant, an assessment of the research accomplished, and a financial report detailing grant expenditures.
‣ Recipients must acknowledge the support of TFAA in any publication that results from research conducted during the grant.
‣ Awards will be announced in April 2018..
Scholarship Application Method
The Terra Foundation for American Art has moved its grant applications to an online system. With the new process, grant seekers will benefit from a streamlined application process.
To access the online application form for Terra Foundation Research Travel Grants to the United States, click here.
Review the FAQ for additional information on the online application process.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 17, 2018.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.