Talent for Governance Training Scholarship for Developing countries is now announced for 2013 Applications, Netherlands 2013. Full details:
School:The Hague Academy for Local Governance /The Hague/ Netherlands
Deadline: Expected in May 2013.
Funded by: The Hague Academy for Local Governance
‣All three programmes will have a different theme. The theme is based on the topic of the training courses at The Hague Academy for Local Governance that are part of each programme.
‣ In 2013 the applicants can choose between the following thematic programmes (click on the titles for more information):
‣ Citizen Participation and Accountability - Programme from the 16th of April to the 4th of May 2013
‣ Local Economics Development – Programme from the 10th to 28 of September 2013
‣ Local Service Delivery & MDG’s – Programme from 15th of October to 2nd of November 2013
Beneficiaries:The scholarship target group consists of young civil servants working for local governments in developing countries or Eastern European (non –EU) countries. Country list for 2013 will be published in the official website soon .
Benefits( Value/inclusions):Number of Awards:
‣ A Talent for Governance scholarship will generally cover all living expenses during the stay in the Netherlands, travel costs and the training course fee of the chosen training course ( exactly what costs are specified elsewhere in these regulations).
‣ The scholar must cover any other costs from their own resources.
‣ They aim to give as least 50% of our scholarships to women.
‣ The overall aim of Talent for Governance is to strengthen local governments in developing countries and Eastern European (non-EU) countries.
‣ They aim to achieve this through the training of young civil servants. With the gained knowledge and skills, they can work to alleviate their communities of widespread poverty and a lack of basic services.
To qualify for Talent for Governance Training Scholarship for Developing countries , candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
‣ You are a civil servant working for a local government institution;
‣ you are young (37 or younger) and ambitious;
‣ You have at least two years of work experience in local governance and will be working there for at least two more years; yo
‣ Your English is fluent;
‣ You are able to write a convincing letter of motivation for your participation in the programme;
‣ You can show the relevance of the programme by submitting a real-live-case project proposal from your own work to work on in a back-home-action plan.
‣ Your employer needs to sign a statement that they will give you time and support to implement the action plan once you return home.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Before applying Talent for Governance Training Scholarship , we strongly advise all applicants to first read the rules and regulations booklet 2013.
‣ Only applications made through the online application form will be considered.
‣ The deadline for application will be expected in May 2013
‣ It is important to visit the the application procedure page and the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like