Taiwan International Graduate Program for International Students in Taiwan, and applications are submitted till March 31st each year. Applications are invited for Taiwan Graduate Program (TIGP) in nine fields that span the natural and physical sciences, as well as computational linguistics. Taiwan Graduate Program (TIGP) students will learn in all-English teaching and research environments and enjoy access to world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities at Academia Sinica and partner universities. All applicants who are admitted to Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP) will receive a fellowship from Academia Sinica. The stipend levels are about US$ 13,600 per year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Taiwan
Level: PhD study at partner universities: National Taiwan University (Department of Chemistry, Institute of Biochemical Sciences), National Tsing Hua University (Department of Chemistry, College of Life Sciences), National Chung Hsing University (Graduate Institute of Biotechnology, Biotechnology Center), National Yang-Ming University (Institute of Bioinformatics), National Tsing Hua University (Institute of Bioinformatics and Structural Biology), National Chiao Tung University (Institute of Bioinformatics and Systems Biology), National Defense Medical Center (Graduate Institute of Life Sciences), National Yang-Ming University(Program in Molecular Medicine), National Central University (College of Earth Sciences), National Taiwan Normal University(Department of Life Science), National Yang-Ming University (School of Life Sciences), National Cheng Kung University (Institute of Clinical Medicine), National Tsing Hua University (College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science), National ChengChi University (College of Science), National Tsing Hua University (Department of Chemistry), National Central University(Department of Physics), National Taiwan University (Department of Chemistry, Department of Physics), National Tsing Hua University (Department of Engineering and System Science), National Chiao Tung University (International PhD Program of Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology).
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship is awarded for the duration of program.
‣ Scholarship covers: All applicants who are admitted to TIGP will receive a fellowship from Academia Sinica. Fellowship will be granted for applicants who receive admission. The stipend levels are about US$ 13,600 per year. Additionally, the support will be extended to two more years for those students who perform well academically.
Field(s): Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics, Molecular Science and Technology, Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences, Bioinformatics, Molecular and Cell Biology, Nano Science and Technology, Molecular Medicine, Earth System science, Biodiversity, Interdisciplinary Neuroscience, Sustainable Chemicals science and Technology, Social Networks and Human-Centered computing, Nano Science and Technology and Molecular Science and Technology.
Deadline: March 31st each year .
Funded By: Academia Sinica
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Taiwan International Graduate Program is targeted for International students can apply for these scholarships.
‣ The Taiwan International Graduate Program is a PhD Program, started in 2002, established by Academia Sinica, the foremost research institution of Taiwan.
‣ In cooperation with top universities in Taiwan, Academia Sinica offers advanced, inter-disciplinary PhD Programs in nine fields that span the natural and physical sciences, as well as computational linguistics.
‣ TIGP students will learn in all-English teaching and research environments, and enjoy access to world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities at Academia Sinica and partner universities.
‣ All applicants who are admitted to TIGP will receive a fellowship from Academia Sinica. Fellowship will be granted for applicants who receive admission.
‣ The stipend levels are about US$ 13,600 per year. Additionally, the support will be extended to two more years for those students who perform well academically.
‣ Bachelor and/or Master of Science Degree -Applicants who have only completed the Bachelor’s degree are normally admitted into the Master’s Program and then advanced to the PhD Program upon completion of Master’s courses. Please note that Molecular and Cell Biology, and Earth System Science only accept applicants with a master degree.
‣ Academic Transcript-Formal transcripts from all enrolled colleges or universities should be sent to the TIGP Admissions Office.
‣ Transcripts may be sent directly by the Registrar of each institution or submitted with the application in sealed envelopes. Please provide an explanation for any non-standard grading system.
‣ English Proficiency Test Score: TOEFL, IELTS or GEPT (for local applicants) scores.
Selection Criteria for Taiwan International Graduate Program
‣ Transcripts, GRE score, TOEFL, IELTS or Taiwan’s GEPT score, letters of recommendation, the applicant’s statement of purpose and professional experiences (if any) are carefully weighed during the evaluation process. The Admissions Committee may also evaluate research papers, publications and other original work.
‣ The mode of applying is online.
The application deadlines for TIGP all programs is on March 31st, 2018. Some programs have specific requirements on completing the application. Please make sure you have read the application instruction before you begin working on your application,and also please check out some important program specific instructions. You can go up or down to next pages using the menu bar in your left hand.
Once you have completed the application to your satisfaction, you should submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button at the top of the page. This will take you through a multi-step process to submit your application. Please note that you may submit your application only once and that once submitted, you will not be able to make changes to your application information using the online application system. The application should be submitted and all required materials should arrive by the appropriate deadline.
Welcome to TIGP Online Application!
Please carefully read the instructions that display throughout the application. Before you start, please be sure you have a personal email address. You will receive a password so that you may return to work on your application. Your information is transmitted through a secure server and is confidential. You may submit your application one time, and once it is submitted, you cannot make changes.
To get started on your application, select the create account button in the right panel.
We look forward to receiving your application in the near future! Best wishes!
Application System Requirements
1. The deadline for all applications is March 31 every year. Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
2. TIGP offers admissions for the fall semester only. 3. Applications can be submitted through the on-line application system
(recommended) http://db1x.sinica.edu.tw/tigp/ or by post to TIGP Admissions Office (No. 128, Sec. 2, Academia Road, Nankang, Taipei 115, Taiwan)
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.