Swinburne University Vice-Chancellors International Scholarship (VCIS) in Australia , and applications are submitted till 29 May 2015. Swinburne University of Technology offers Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship (VCIS) to undertake higher degree by research (HDR). Scholarships are available for a period of three years to pursue full time research in all discipline areas. The awards provide an annual stipend of $25,392 and cover the cost of Overseas Health Cover (OSHC). The award also covers to cost of tuition. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Swinburne University of Technology | Australia
Level: higher degree by research (HDR)
Field(s): all discipline areas.
Deadline: 29 May 2015.
Funded By: Swinburne University of Technology
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Swinburne University Vice-Chancellors International Scholarship is targeted for International students
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of a full-time VCIS is three years for a student undertaking research doctorate studies.
‣ Scholarship covers: The awards provide an annual stipend of $25,849 and cover the cost of Overseas Health Cover (OSHC). The award also covers to cost of tuition.
‣ The Swinburne University Vice-Chancellors International Scholarship (VCIS) is a new scholarship available only in the Mid-Year Scholarship Round. The VCIS are awarded to students of exceptional research potential to undertake a higher degree by research (HDR). Awards are available in all discipline areas but are only available to International applicants.
‣ must be a an international student; and
‣ must have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment in accordance with these Guidelines; and
‣ must be undertaking a Research Doctorate; and
‣ must be enrolled as a full-time student; and
‣ be ineligible for study under the Commonwealth’s Research Training Scheme (RTS) at the commencement of the HDR; and
‣ must not hold a research doctorate or equivalent research qualification; and
‣ must not previously have held a postgraduate research scholarship (some exceptions may apply, contact Swinburne Research for more information); and
‣ must not be receiving an equivalent award, scholarship (excluding an IPRS) or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the APA stipend rate, to undertake the HDR. Income from sources unrelated to the course of study is permitted but must be within the confines of HDR policy section 7.9 ‘Employment Commitments’
Scholarship Application Method
‣ If you wish to be considered for a scholarship you must complete the scholarship portion of the candidature application form. Research degree candidature is considered all year round. Visit the application page for information on applying for a research degree.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 29 May 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.