Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for Indians , and applications are submitted till 30 November, 2014 . University Grants Commission is inviting applications for Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for Indians. Scholarship is open for single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full -time Ph D program in Social Sciences in any recognized University. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
Level: Research Programme
Field(s): social science
Deadline: 30 November, 2014.
Funded By: University Grants Commission,Government of India
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Swami Vivekananda Single G Child Scholarship is targeted for Students of India
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship is awarded for four year duration. (Extendable for fifth year in exceptional circumstances)
‣ Scholarship covers: The amount of scholarship is: -Rs.8,000/- p.m for first two years -Rs.10,000/- p.m for third and fourth year (Extendable for fifth year in exceptional circumstances)
‣ Promotion of women education is one of the main objective of our education policy. It is observed that the dropout ratio at various levels of education for girls is much higher than that of boys.
‣ Therefore new initiatives have become necessary to give girl child equality and dignity. In order to achieve state governments, central governments and UGC have started special schemes/scholarships for girls.
‣ The government of India is giving special benefits for families having single girl child. Promotion of single girl child in the family means promoting girls in the society, increase sex ration in favor of women and promotion of small family norm in the society.
‣ Keeping Swami Vivekananda’s ideas of women education and to achieve and promote girls education, UGC has introduced Swami Vivekananda Scholarship for Single Girl Child for research in Social Sciences with an aim to compensate direct costs of higher education especially for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their family.
‣ Any single girl child of her parents.
‣ Only girl child in the family without having any brother or the girl student who are twin daughters/ fraternal daughter may also apply for scholarship under the aforesaid scheme.
‣ In a family if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme.
‣ The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full -time Ph. D. program in Social Sciences in any recognized University/Institute.
‣ Admission to Ph.D. Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme. Age : Girl students up to the age of 40 years for general and 45 years for the reserved category SC/ST/OBC and Physical handicapped at the time of admission in Ph.D courses are eligible.
‣ The mode of applying is online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 November, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.