SUTD PhD Fellowship in Manybody Quantum Physics, Singapore , and applications are submitted till 15 September 2016 (for January 2017 intake).SUTD Singapore University of Technology and Design is offering PhD Positions. Position is available for pursuing a PhD in quantum mechanics. This is a 4-year bond-free PhD Positionare open to all nationalities, and are awarded on a competitive basis to outstanding full-time PhD Programme applicants. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): |Singapore
Level: PhD programme.
Field(s): quantum mechanics.
Deadline: 15 September 2016 (for January 2017 intake).
Funded By: SUTD Singapore University of Technology and Design
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): SUTD PhD Fellowship is targeted for citizens of all nationalities.
‣ No. of awards: not specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : This is a 4-year bond-free PhD Position.
‣Value of Scholarship : Applicant will receive monthly stipend of S$2,500 for Singapore Citizens, S$2,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents & S$2,000 for International Students. Monthly stipends would be increased by S$500 after passing Qualifying Exams.
‣ The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) is the fourth autonomous university to be established in Singapore. SUTD's mission is to advance knowledge and nurture technically grounded leaders and innovators to serve societal needs. At SUTD, design as a discipline cuts across the curriculum and provides a novel framework for the research and educational programmes.
‣ SUTD Singapore University of Technology and Design has a number of openings at the PhD level for enthusiast and bright students who would like to pursue a PhD in quantum mechanics.
‣ The research of SUTD PhD Fellowship mainly focuses on the theory of quantum many-body physics, concentrating on ultracold atoms, ions, open systems and energy transport and conversion. They do both analytical and numerical studies, including the use of t-MPS.
PhD position is awarded on a competitive basis to outstanding full-time PhD Programme applicants.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants may submit their online application to SUTD.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 September 2016 (for January 2017 intake).
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.