Summer School for Social Science Research Methods at National University of Singapore, Singapore. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): National University of Singapore | Singapore
Level: Summer Courses
Field(s): Social Science Research Methods
Funded By: National University of Singapore
Deadline: May 31, 2013; Course period: July 8-19, 2013
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Summer program scholarship is open to all interested applicants.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions): several merit and need-based grants offered.
‣ No. of Awards: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Covers: Financial Aid
The Summer program offers several merit and need-based grants to Summer School participants. The selection process is highly competitive, and preference is given to self-funded graduate students, who require specialized methodological skills in order to complete their dissertation research.
‣ The 2nd Annual IPSA-NUS Summer School for Social Science Research Methods will be held July 8-19, 2013, at the National University of Singapore.
‣ The Summer S has added a number of basic and advanced courses to its roster, such as Applied Data Analysis, Causal Inference, and Game Theory.
‣ Overall, the S School offers eleven courses in quantitative, qualitative, and formal methods – eight regular two-week courses, two one-week Survey Methods courses, and an additional two-week Discourse Analysis course that runs July 22-August 2, 2013.
‣ All courses focus on both the theory and practice of social science research and provide high-quality training in diverse, state-of-the-art methods and techniques by outstanding and highly experienced international faculty.
‣ Join us for two weeks of rigorous training in social science research methods and truly global networking opportunities.
‣ Acquire cutting-edge quantitative and qualitative methods skills, meet future collaborators and co-authors, and make new friends with similar research interests from all over the Asia-Pacific, the U.S., Europe, and beyond.
Registration & Fees
‣ The Summer program is a non-profit venture. Course fees have been priced accordingly and represent excellent value when compared to similar events in the U.S. and Europe while offering the same quality of instruction.
‣ There are different fees for Summer School participants from non-academic institutions, academic institutions, and students (including PhD candidates) for all our regular two-week courses.
‣ All participants can save 10% by registering on or before Tuesday, April 30, 2013.
‣ The Summer programl offers several merit and need-based grants to Summer School participants.
‣ The selection process is highly competitive, and preference is given to self-funded graduate students, who require specialized methodological skills in order to complete their dissertation research.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants need to register and pay for a Summer School course first!
‣ Only after having successfully registered, applicants can e-mail the following supporting materials to email@example.com:
‣ Please note that we can only process application from registered S School participants as the financial aid committee may use an applicant's course selection as a criterion in the selection process.
‣ Also, decisions will only be made after the Friday, May 31, 2012, deadline. As most courses will already be full by then, even applicants who would otherwise qualify for a grant might not be able to attend the S School for lack of a place on their favorite course.
‣ Therefore, it is essential that you register and pay for a S School course before you apply for financial aid.
‣ The deadline for all financial aid applications is Friday, May 31, 2013.
You may also like
‣ Summer Courses