Summer Research Scholarships. University of Sydney offers scholarships for undergraduate students in Australia. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Sydney | Australia
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): Research in Medical Fields( Scholarships are provided to obtain experience in medical-related research the University of Sydney in Australia)
Deadline: 19th September 2013.
Funded By: University of Sydney
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Summer Research Scholarships are targeted for International students (if: they are currently enrolled and studying full-time in an undergraduate degree at an Australian University and they hold an appropriate and valid Australian visa to cover the scholarship period).
‣ Award No: 60 scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarships are available to undertake a research project over a period of eight weeks.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarships will provide the opportunity to undertake a research project over a period of eight weeks, supervision by well-established researchers, excellent research facilities and $300 per week stipend.
‣ Summer Research Scholarships offer a unique opportunity for students to obtain experience in medical-related research and provide a fantastic insight into the research process. The scholarships offer students the experience of working with well-established researchers in high quality medical research facilities.
To avail Summer Research Scholarships, candidates must full fill the following requirements:
‣ The scholarships are open to students currently enrolled full-time at the University in an undergraduate degree.
‣ Students currently enrolled in Sydney Medical School Medical Program can also apply.
‣ Students currently in a Masters or PhD program, or who have been awarded a Masters or PhD degree are ineligible to apply.
‣ International students are eligible to apply if: 1/ they are currently enrolled and studying full-time in an undergraduate degree at an Australian University and 2/they hold an appropriate and valid Australian visa to cover the scholarship period;
‣ Successful students from universities other than the University of Sydney will need to supply copies of certificates of currency for insurance and liability.
‣ These should be available from your home university.
‣ Applicants for scholarships have been enrolled across the University sector but the majority of successful applications generally come from the following undergraduate degrees: Bachelor of Medical Science, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Liberal Studies, and MBBS.
‣ Students awarded a Sydney Medical School Summer Research scholarships previously are welcome to apply for another scholarship this year, pending eligibility criteria.
‣ Students must be available for a full 8 weeks, taking into account the 2 week University close-down period over Christmas/ New Year.
‣ As each project is assessed individually it is a lengthy process.
‣ Assessment begins late September through to early December.
‣ Successful applicants are notified as soon as we have an outcome.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are now open and apply by E-mail
‣ Applicants should send one (1) electronic copy including:
International students are also required to attach a copy of their passport and visa.
‣ For those first year MBBS students wishing to apply for the combined MBBS/MPhil scholarship a Project Plan template with relevant documents- Project Plan template(http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/research/srs/1314/2013_MPhil_Application_Form.pdf)
‣ Completed applications should be email :email@example.com
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 19th September 2013.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...