Sumitro Fellowship program for Indonesian and US applicants. Applications are open until 15 February 2014. USINDO is funding fellowship program for postdoctoral scholars, PhD candidates, senior academics and otherwise professionally qualified candidates to engage in field research. he Sumitro Fellows Program is a $10,000 travel/study grant. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA and Indonesia
Level: A travel/study grant for postdoctoral scholars, PhD candidates, senior academics, and otherwise professionally qualified candidates to engage in field research.
Field(s): Fellowship is available for research relating to the political economy of Indonesia (for a United States citizen/permanent resident) and a project related to the Indonesian-United States relationship (for an Indonesian citizen).
Funded By: USINDO
Deadline: 15 February 2014.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Sumitro Fellowship program is targeted for Indonesian and US applicants.
‣ Award No: One Fellowship is available for a United States citizen/permanent resident for research relating to the political economy of Indonesia. Another Fellowship is also available for an Indonesian citizen with a project related to the Indonesian-United States relationship.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Sumitro Fellows Program is a $10,000 travel/study grant for post-doctoral scholars, PhD candidates, senior academics, and otherwise professionally qualified candidates to engage in field research.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
‣ The Sumitro Fellows Program honors Dr. Sumitro Djojohadikusumo, Indonesia’s senior economist and co-founder of USINDO, who passed away in 2001.
‣ An architect of Indonesia’s modern economy, Professor Sumitro headed the faculty of economics at the University of Indonesia, and was later a minister of trade and minister of state for research.
‣ Professor Sumitro was also the driving force behind a 1950’s program of the Ford Foundation which sent Indonesian economists to the U.S. for advanced degrees. Many attended the University of California at Berkeley and the group came to be known as the “Berkeley Mafia” when its members assumed key cabinet posts in subsequent decades.
‣ American applicants for the Sumitro Fellowship must be United States citizens or permanent residents in the United States with a specific project on Indonesia’s political economy.
‣ Applications outside the scope of economic or political economy will not be considered. Indonesian applicants for the Sumitro Fellowship must be Indonesian citizens with a specific project on any aspect of the Indonesian-U.S. bilateral relationship.
‣ Applications related to solely American topics, Indonesian topics, or to non-U.S./non-Asian themes will not be considered.
‣ Language Proficiency: Please note that though not compulsory, prior study of Bahasa Indonesia is helpful in conducting field research. American applicants should indicate on the application form if and at what level the language has been studied, both formally and informally.
‣ Indonesian applicants must be capable of advanced study in English. Evidence of English fluency may be demonstrated by TOEFL scores.
‣ ndonesians who have graduated from a U.S. institution of higher learning, or from such institution in an English-speaking country, are exempt from this requirement.
‣ Applicants/scholars who intend to publish their work in some form will be improving their applications. Previous travel to, and experience in, Indonesia or the United States is desirable but not necessary.
‣ USINDO will notify selected 2014 Sumitro Fellow(s) by March 15, 2014. USINDO will not award any Fellowships in a given year if there are no qualified applicants, in the sole opinion of USINDO.
‣ Please submit all application materials via email to sumitro-at-usindo.org.
‣ Incomplete applications and/or applications and recommendation letters received after the deadline will not be considered.
‣ All of the following must be completed in order to be considered for the Sumitro Fellows Program:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 February 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
‣ Travel Grants
Your first paragraph ...